Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we finally got our dates set. Planning to leave TX Oct. 7th or 8th and be in Fruita all the following week. Might do a day or two in Moab.

SingleSpeedster and ScaryMc (from BikeMoJo) are planning to ride with us too.

My friends Cindy and her son Marshal were in Fruita recently on their tour of CO vacation. I wonder if they stopped by the bike shop. SS took them riding a few days too. MoJo Thread

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Fruita is wicked fun! I haven't been there in a few years, but a biking buddy of mine organizes a week long trip in Moab/Fruita in late October every year. I have enough vacation time to go, if I can stay in one piece that long.

Have fun and take lots of pics!

Kathy :^)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I second that sentiment!

Lucky said:
Fruita is wicked fun! I haven't been there in a few years, but a biking buddy of mine organizes a week long trip in Moab/Fruita in late October every year. I have enough vacation time to go, if I can stay in one piece that long.

Have fun and take lots of pics!

Kathy :^)
We got back from our first ever Fruita trip a couple of weeks ago and I'm still on a high from it. I'm ready to pick up and move! But our kids would kill us :(

Although it was HOT (where have I heard that one before?) we still had a great time on some great rides. The next time we go we will try and make it a fall trip and go to Moab too.

~Lori

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonderful We will likely joing the Tuesday Women's Ride.

Oh, and our dates changed again. surprise surprise

Now leaving on Oct. 14, returning by the 24th.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fruita biking

Hey ladies. We're SOOO stoked... talking about going out to Fruita (from CT) next fall for a week and need LOTS of advice...where to bike, where to stay, where to eat, best time to go, people, places, ....help! I've read some stuff on the Kokapelli Trail Systems, but thats about the extent of my knowledge right now. What kind of tires do you use out there? anything you can think of! If you want to write a long reply, feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

woo-hoo!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
our trip is coming together for mid october. we have a bunch of folks doing different things coming different ways. from our bikemojo thread

Headcount:
Smiley - driving her truck on different schedule
Chardog - driving van
CycleMainiaC - Chardog's van
CajunSpice - Chardog's van
Chris R - Chardog's van
Handsome Mark - Chardog's van
LadyBiker - flying
Scott G - driving (has room for 1 person)
Disco Stu - driving (has room for ??people)
Kaiser - riding w/ Disco

Single Speedster driving over from Denver
Young - coming in from parts unknown CA maybe?
Del Q - driving up and over lapping
Scary Mc - GJ headquarters Host - we're all camping in his yard. :rolleyes:
Kylscott - coming from DFW area
somms - ???
Rideit - from wyoming????
capnmwf - ???
AnitaHandle - from SA maybe flying into Denver and riding with SS
SingleTrackMind - from Somewhere in CO
davem - on his way to anartica :D
John - driving over for a few days from Denver area (not a mojo)

Best advise is to get the New Fruita Fat Tire Guide

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
Gaspin' in the Aspens

I don't want to jack your thread or your week+ in Fruita (what a great destination) but...Since some of you may be passing through northern NM anyways, and if you're not then maybe you;ll consider going out of your way for Gaspin' in the Aspens 2004
( http://home.att.net/~tjfowler/index.html ), and MTBR gathering in the high country of northern NM October 8-11. The rides are defintely worth a detour and overnoght or two.

scott
Gaspin in the Aspens 2004

http://home.att.net/~tjfowler/index.html

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks sportsman. smiley specifically wanted to do some aspen riding. i'll pass this info to her since she is driving her self so she can do other stuff before and after.

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Buying the guidebook for trail info is probably the best bet. It's all in print and readily available for any questions. The main thing to remember is that Fruita is desert. I know that seems obvious, but I just filled up water bottles for someone the other day. Poor guy still had 40 minutes to the car and had run out of water at least an hour earlier. Being used to the desert and being hydrated allowed me to give most of my water away.

fruitamounatinbike.com is a good resource to answer a lot of your questions.

·
Model of Grace and Tact
422 Posts
CycleMainiac said:
Scary Mc - GJ headquarters Host - we're all camping in his yard. :rolleyes:
]
I'm almost scared having all the folks crashing in our house, there is no way in hell I'd let 'em camp in the yard and subject my nice polygamist neighbors to careening MoJo's. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.