Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to Fruita this coming week in the hopes of checking out all those sweet trails you guys are always posting pictures of but unfortnately the weather forecast is looking a little sketchy. I am interested in the locals perspective on the week to come.

Thanks

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
Weather should be alright.

springfever said:
I am heading to Fruita this coming week in the hopes of checking out all those sweet trails you guys are always posting pictures of but unfortnately the weather forecast is looking a little sketchy. I am interested in the locals perspective on the week to come.

Thanks
Not great. Trails should be okay. Edge loop is very muddy today. Yesterday I was up there and the top was barely dry. It rained today, and now it is a mess again.

TJ

·
Model of Grace and Tact
422 Posts
It rained a good part of last night and this morning,15 miles east in GJ, but I just called OTE and they said the Loma area just got enough drizzle to knock down the dust and the loops are good to go...

Who knows what next week wil bring?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here we are in snow today GJ.

Small Group went out early today (friday) To get some trail marker down on the ribbon.
Finish in the snow and cold. But the sun out again. I say this weekend going to be off and on. The Lunch loop stuff is very wet now. Going to need a lot of sun. Which is not in the forcast.

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
35,469 Posts
What tires do you recommend??

Big tires, little tires?

I got some conti tubeless, wtb mutano, panaracer cinder... Any recommendations on what I should put on the turner bike?

francois

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
francois said:
Big tires, little tires?

I got some conti tubeless, wtb mutano, panaracer cinder... Any recommendations on what I should put on the turner bike?

francois
Good sidewalls for fruita (forget those thin walled mutanos if they are foldable)...there are pointy rocks on the trails...Otherwise, anything goes..It's a very mixed conditions place, everything from soft soil to slickrock.

And where there is clay mud, you will not want to ride anyway.

·
Registered
419 Posts
francois said:
Big tires, little tires?

francois
Black round ones, that hold air. I do'nt like tubeless myself seams like the sand work into the bead area and then have slow leaks. I like kobby ones with cross bars. 2.1 to 2.5. WTB fine.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
tiggerider said:
Black round ones, that hold air. I do'nt like tubeless myself seams like the sand work into the bead area and then have slow leaks. I like kobby ones with cross bars. 2.1 to 2.5. WTB fine.
Hey Kevin, Did you have some floor space at your pad late next week for my sore ass? I forgot what the story was?

·
asleep by 10:00pm
320 Posts
totally good

just rode the racecourse and it was perfect! even dusty in a section. totally hard packed the rest of the trail. you know the saying.....if you don't like the weather in the desert, wait 5 minutes? yeah. this weekend and festival should be fine.

otherwise, there is coffee in over the edge and beer across the street.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.