Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
asleep by 10:00pm
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i typed up this nice little write up all about our ride and how good it was and how nice the trails are right now....blah blah blah, lot's of words, took a lot of time, etc and then i hit 'post' and my computer totally devoured the thing....
so, i say 'screw that' and i will simply post pictures.

in a nutshell: fruita's great, come ride.

pic 1: freshie climbing up the initial climb on rustler's (that is if you start it backwards)
2: glittermyn gettin' her smile on. kari and jen look on
3. glittermyn and a view of the colorado river
4. coming around the backside of rustler's
5. freshie going fast and layin' it down in a corner

more....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
awesome stuff, looks like good times. :)

edit: yah that last shot is a goodie for sure.

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
must be something about the Fruita ride reports...

The same damn thing happened to me on Monday after I spent an hour and a half typing up a nice report on my weekend ride in Fruita. I gave it another go and got the job done but I was fuming after the first one deleted. At least I was at work and getting paid for it I guess :D . Cool pics and nice report as is, I dig the fisheye pics too!

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
If I'm Not Mistaken..

KRob said:
Very cool pics. I love the fish eye effect. Btw, what's the switch back trail across the river in the pics 2 and 3?
My memory is a little fuzzy but I seem to remember a CO River put in across from Rustlers. There may have even been a homestead or two along the road.

Then again, I'm from Kansas.

Ken

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Ken in KC said:
My memory is a little fuzzy but I seem to remember a CO River put in across from Rustlers. There may have even been a homestead or two along the road.

Then again, I'm from Kansas.

Ken
Accorording to the map, there is a wilderness area over there, and a couple access roads, trails. One of these days i'll have to bring some boots and check it out!

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KRob said:
Very cool pics. I love the fish eye effect. Btw, what's the switch back trail across the river in the pics 2 and 3?
hey thanks!- actually that is a private access road that winds it way along the river from the devil's canyon wilderness area (south side of colorado river) it sure does look sweet down there, but, unfortunately is gated off...

·
Registered
13,090 Posts
grannyannie said:
hey thanks!- actually that is a private access road that winds it way along the river from the devil's canyon wilderness area (south side of colorado river) it sure does look sweet down there, but, unfortunately is gated off...
Oh yeah.... that is a road, isn't it. Dang commies. :(

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
grannyannie said:
okay so i typed up this nice little write up all about our ride and how good it was and how nice the trails are right now....blah blah blah, lot's of words, took a lot of time, etc and then i hit 'post' and my computer totally devoured the thing....
so, i say 'screw that' and i will simply post pictures.
I've had the same thing happen - really a bad feeling. What I do now is save before posting, hit CTRL-A (highlights everything) then CTRL-C (copies everything to clipboard). If MTBR chokes on it, reply again and type CTRL-V (pastes everything from the clipboard).

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
pacman said:
I've had the same thing happen - really a bad feeling. What I do now is save before posting, hit CTRL-A (highlights everything) then CTRL-C (copies everything to clipboard). If MTBR chokes on it, reply again and type CTRL-V (pastes everything from the clipboard).
brilliant...makes perfect sense.

·
No known cure
5,606 Posts
lens...

KRob said:
Is a fish eye lens the same as a wide angle lens? I'm looking for a fish eye for my camera(Sony DSC-W1 5.1mp) but I've only found wide angles. Thanks.

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not the same..

Vader said:
Is a fish eye lens the same as a wide angle lens? I'm looking for a fish eye for my camera(Sony DSC-W1 5.1mp) but I've only found wide angles. Thanks.
no, the lenses are fairly different. the fisheye, while being an extremely wide angle lens, uses a curved lens that gives the pictures a certain amount of intended distortion. search for specifically labeled fisheye lenses, and look for the actual lens, not an auxillary attachment lens type. i found my current fisheye on the bh photo online store.

cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.