Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking at the Hot Tomato Cafe "Really F***ing Good Pizza" sticker on my cargo box. What's up with FFTF these days? I went to the first and numerous others in the 90s and perhaps a few in early 00s. These were chill and great fun. Still fun? Too big anymore? I expected to see some content or interest, so curious about FFTF these days.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I went to #18, 19 and 21. 18 was awesome and they had an opening night dinner at a Mexican restaurant that worked out well. For #21, they moved that dinner to the brewery downtown and it was a cluster. The people that wanted mixed drinks were left out and the food sucked. The actual "event" at the downtown park was excellent every year and probably got better every year. They have since moved the "demos" up to 18 Road and I've read that some people love the easy access to those trails but others don't like that they can't demo the bikes on rowdier trails at LL or Kokopelli. I haven't been since they started this so I don't know if the rest of the "event" is still down at the park in the center of town.

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to #18, 19 and 21. 18 was awesome and they had an opening night dinner at a Mexican restaurant that worked out well. For #21, they moved that dinner to the brewery downtown and it was a cluster. The people that wanted mixed drinks were left out and the food sucked. The actual "event" at the downtown park was excellent every year and probably got better every year. They have since moved the "demos" up to 18 Road and I've read that some people love the easy access to those trails but others don't like that they can't demo the bikes on rowdier trails at LL or Kokopelli. I haven't been since they started this so I don't know if the rest of the "event" is still down at the park in the center of town.
Thanks for the update. I will drop down again. For pure riding it is nice to avoid things like festivals, but I also like the social context and energy at times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.