Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal, I work for Outdoor Recreation services at Iowa State University and im planning a trip to Fruita, grand junction etc. to take some students mountain biking.
Some background- Im 19 years old, I consider myself very experienced in all types of biking. Ive raced single speed, BMX, road stuff, tandem racing, 4X style and so on. My brother lives in silverthorne, co and he also rides and knows fruita pretty well.

I will be taking students ranging from beginner to expert and we will be going from march 13-20.

So, if anybody could recommend some good singletrack stuff and good camping sites that would be awesome!

·
Mullet3
14 Posts
Hey, along these same lines, I'm going to be there the last week of April. Where is the best place to camp in Fruita?

Also, does anyone have anything good to say about the Fat Tire festival? I am looking for a good party with mountain biking, not so much good mountain biking with a party... Any advice?

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,450 Posts
Mullet3 said:
<snip>
Also, does anyone have anything good to say about the Fat Tire festival? I am looking for a good party with mountain biking, not so much good mountain biking with a party... Any advice?
I'd head to CU if you're looking for a party with mountain biking available.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I'm heading out that way next week and I'm wondering how the trail conditions are. Front range trails have been pretty snowy/muddy all winter. Do the trails stay rideable around Fruita this time of year?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.