Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, running the Frosty 50 at Tsali saturday - not sure what to expect - any intel would be awesome. (sorry for the runner content, but I know ya'll are the best source).

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Why not contact the race director David Forkner, contact info can be found on this page:
http://running.net/ultra-running-calendar

Hopefully the race promotion crew is working with FS as we speak to clear the trails of all the downfall from the snow/ice storm. My guess is there are some big trees down and lots of limbs and branches. As far as tread conditions, I would guess you will see some dirt, but also snow and ice.

Woody

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Mike Brown said:
according to another thread many many trees down.
In a nutshell, anywhere there are white pines there are trees down. If you have worked with me on trails, you know that I (and Chuck R) refer to chainsaws as "white pine eradicators".
Not my favorite tree in the forest, and storms like this are the reason why.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
For some of us there were hillz installed Tsali from the beginning.....but for those that are superior i guess it isnt much of a challenge huh?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,100 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
For some of us there were hillz installed Tsali from the beginning.....but for those that are superior i guess it isnt much of a challenge huh?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
come on man, I rode some hills with you over at wilson's and you didn't have any trouble. If you don't remember, I was the guy on the SS Lynskey with the other guy on a RIP 9, we talked to you guys at the start of greentown.

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
Middle ring'n both the main lookout loop(that sharp left hand switchback, and teh last 50yrds to the lookout) between Left and Right going CCW...and on the Right loop, being that very short but steep erosion 'V-notch' climb(just before the last roadbed climb sections about 3 miles from the parking lot while going CW). Both can be fairly challenging to do while in the middlering or a SS.

That is all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.