Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Salsa really didn't show anything new for the show, but a few of us lucky souls had a chance to spend a couple of hours going over new product with them - NDA's are signed, so you shouldn't hear anything about what those were for awhile - but the creative minds at Salsa are definitely working on strengthening the line. The next 12 to 15 months will see some new stuff that had me leaving Frostbike as excited as I am about the Horsethiefs that should be landing in the next week or two! The suspended fatbike was pretty cool, but the accessories that they had on the bikes in the Salsa section were also pretty intriguing. Like the Revelate bag for the Spearfish, and a few other goodies. I liked Justin's bow-mount on his Fat-front Fargo and the way Jason Boucher has his El Mariachi set-up - should be some vid's on the web that go over these. The accessories are either already out, or soon-to-be available. Well, not the bow-mount - sorry hunting fans...

·
Registered
166 Posts
the accessories that they had on the bikes in the Salsa section were also pretty intriguing. Like the Revelate bag for the Spearfish
I want to know more! :)

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
The accessories were out and visible for all the show attendees to see. The items made for a good feel of how these bikes can (and are) being used...
I particularly liked e-Fred's Spearfish with this bag... It gives a bit of "do it all" feel to the Spearfish for me. Jason's El Mariachi set-up was nice too.

Attachments

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Justin "*******" Julian also had a Fargo that was equipped with the aforementioned Bow-carrier and fat front enabler fork. It made for a pretty cool-looking rig, especially the pannier-stuffed-with-turkey on the other side!

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks Scott, not sure about the bag strap onto the shock tho! worried that will lead to a lot of rub on the shaft end of the shock and linkage. Suppose they have been testing it for a while tho (there is a pic on flickr of a salsa staff members bike with a very similar bag).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts