Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished building a Salsa Big Mama with a Reba and Shimano WH-MT75 wheelset. I took a shakedown ride today and heard some rubbing up front in hard cornering. Looks like the wheel is offset enough toward the disk side so it rubs occasionally. I am running 2.35 Rampages but it seems like there should be plenty of clearance if it were centered properly. I searched quite a bit and it looks like the only real problem could be dish - any other thoughts? Seems like a brand new wheel from Shimano should not have this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah other than the rub issue the bike rocks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Simple check....

remove the wheel and install it backwards, i.e. brake rotor on the non-brake side. If the offset changes sides then it's a wheel dish problem. If the offset stays on the same side it's a fork problem. But do first make sure that your wheel is completely and evenly seated in the drop outs.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - confirmed its the fork - brand new Reba Team! Its a little more the 1/16th off on one leg - anyone ever dealt with this? Send it back? or against better judgment thought about filing the long side a little...

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
ibewebbman said:
Thanks guys - confirmed its the fork - brand new Reba Team! Its a little more the 1/16th off on one leg - anyone ever dealt with this? Send it back? or against better judgment thought about filing the long side a little...
I would send it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts