Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this before, but now I will make the decision:
I use Hutch Python air-lites. Here in the East Coast...hardpack, roots, rocks...very twisty singletrack, I find that they track straight and climb nicely, but corner poorly. The suggestion was to change the front first... I will do so. I seek lightweight and low rolling resistance. I suspect that the addition of knobs may be the answer here.
The suggestions made have been: Vert Pro, Racing Ralph 2.1, Conti Explorer, Mich XLS, Nevergal 2.1.
How about some feedback about the above, or YOUR choice for a lgtweight, fast tire for soil...not desert or rock. East Coast (New York) singletrack.
At $40+ - a tire, I don't want to 'throw away good money'.
I also posted this in Tires...so don't lecture about double posts...not all readers view both areas...

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Same condtions here in Florida. My favorites:
Schwalbe Nooby Nic or Hutchinson Bull Dog or Spider.

The racing ralphs are nice, but sometimes not the best in losse conditions, unless you run the 2.4 version. The NN is JUST as fast as the RR with more BITE!

The fat Albert or Albert serires is also great, but heavier than the above mentioned. if you want a really duralbe, but slighty heavier, then go with the Albert/Fat Albert.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
I vote Nobby Nic based on recent experience...and go 2.4 as well. No it is not the lightest tire or even the lightest version of this tire but at 30# of air it just rolls over the little stuff, grips very well when leaned, grips pretty well when the hardpack is slick, and rolls like a semi slick. I love mine. Have ridden hardpack, same hardpack made "snot slick" with a bit of rain, and sandy conditions all on tight singletrack trails on a GF Sugar Plus 4".
Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.