Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this before, but now I will make the decision:
I use Hutch Python air-lites. Here in the East Coast...hardpack, roots, rocks...very twisty singletrack, I find that they track straight and climb nicely, but corner poorly. The suggestion was to change the front first... I will do so. I seek lightweight and low rolling resistance. I suspect that the addition of knobs may be the answer here.
The suggestions made have been: Vert Pro, Racing Ralph 2.1, Conti Explorer, Mich XLS, Nevergal 2.1.
How about some feedback about the above, or YOUR choice for a lgtweight, fast tire for soil...not desert or rock. East Coast (New York) singletrack.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
one more time

Schwalbe Albert Snakseskin 2.25 Front ONly (Soft Compound) Tire.

Toughest, stickiest, lightest tire of it's kind--make sure it says front only (the make a regular compound that looks exactly the same). It's the best east coast front tire-and, probably the priciest non-UST tire as well-but that's the breaks.

Nevegal is nice too...but this is better.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
NBX 2.3 - nobody seems to talk about em, but they work. 650g (folding version), very nice cornering grip and decent braking, roll pretty fast too. Not as sticky as the Schwalbe soft compounds proabably, but cheaper, and fairly easy to find.

Another you might try is a Spider, can be found <$20 if you look. I like the NBX better but it will be a lot better than your Python up front.

·
what...?
695 Posts
I have the Fat Albert in the bag awaiting the next ride.
You can try it out then.

saw the X-post in the weight weenies forum - Imagine me browsing the weight weenies forum HAHA!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.