Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a GF HiFi 29er and my front shock depresses just as much with the lockout on or off. I have had the bike for three years and have never messed with either shock, so it is definitely time to try something.

Any suggestions on what I should do first?

thanks,
Bob

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
You've probably overrun your service intervals anyway, might as well give it an oil change and new wipers. Whatever your fork it's a pretty good chance it is low on oil in the damper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your help. I posted this in the Newbie section, cause I don't know anything about my shock mechanically. You guys are right; it's a very broad question without much info to go on.

I think I will take it to my LBS and have then repair it and then tell me how they did it. They are generally very helpful and don't mind educating their customers. I'm afraid there isn't much riding left anyway. We're getting 40mph sideways rain right now at about 43F, and it won't be long until that rain turns into snow. :(

thanks,
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.