Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· oot & aboot in Colorado
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the Forefront helmet in stock in the front range?

I went to the Smith Dealer Locator and tried calling a few dealers and got responses like "Smith doesn't make mountain bike helmets.. only snowboarding helmets" as a response... :skep:

I'm looking for someone with them in stock.

thanks in advance.

· Registered
561 Posts
I have one on test for singletracks.com. (I love it, by the way)

I'll see what I can find out.

View attachment 882376
Any ETA for the review? I need a new helmet and right now the Super is at the top of my list but I haven't been able to track one down to try. My Smith snowboard helmet is awesome so I'd be interested in a bike helmet from them.

· Registered
561 Posts
Thanks! Goggles aren't important to me so that's not really a minus for me. What's the overall head shape like? I've got a long, narrow head and I know Bells are supposedly shaped more that way rather than rounder helmets like Giro. To be honest I haven't tried anything other than a Bell in a decade, the X-Rays fit great.

I dream of finding a full-face helmet that actually fits my funky head. :(

· oot & aboot in Colorado
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the tips everyone!
I went to one of the dealers mentioned, they had it in stock and I bought it.

I rode with it for a couple of hours in today's heat and I'm really digging the ventilation.. even if I do look like a starship trooper -lol

R

· Team Velveeta™
3,080 Posts
... They look interesting.
Absolute Bikes up here in Salida has them. The medium fits me like my skull was the model for it. Not sure yet what I think of that starship trooper look. Light as a kleenex though. Venting seems infinite without the threat of odd suntan patches. That's critical for the follicle-challenged among us.

· 50 states in my 50s
2,860 Posts
Any ETA for the review? I need a new helmet and right now the Super is at the top of my list but I haven't been able to track one down to try. My Smith snowboard helmet is awesome so I'd be interested in a bike helmet from them.
I have the Super. It's not a bad helmet but I've read reports, and I think I'm suffering from this, that the foam padding compresses flat over time making it looser over time - even with the ratcheting system.

I've also some incompatibility with the googles that I was wearing for winter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.