Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am putting shimano xtr rear brakes and 180mm rotor on my Anthem X 29. My adapter I have is not right as it is for IS. Is it correct to use the same front post mount adapter on the rear with my set up? I asked my shop and they said that they did not see a specific rear adapter for this set up and were not sure.

Thanks for any input.

·
GONE
26,862 Posts
DanielM3 said:

I am putting shimano xtr rear brakes and 180mm rotor on my Anthem X 29. My adapter I have is not right as it is for IS. Is it correct to use the same front post mount adapter on the rear with my set up? I asked my shop and they said that they did not see a specific rear adapter for this set up and were not sure.

Thanks for any input.
Usually, an adapter that works for a 180 front, works for a 160 rear.. a 160 front works for a 140 rear...and so on...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
DanielM3 said:

Thanks for any input.
Post mount spec is the same front and rear (axle to caliper mount). A 180mm rotor post mount bracket is the same for front or rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.