Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take my Prophet in to get my free tune up and they call me and say they cant get the Lefty Xmax ST off :eek:.

I put it on 6 weeks ago when I cleaned my front caliper. I torqued it correctly (at least like I have 10 times before) I haven't been plowing through creeks since then. So, I seriously doubt it's rust. The wheel spins correctly and doesn't make a weird noise. I had a race this weekend with a few hard bumps, but nothing to unusual for me.

Any ideas why the wheel would not come off?

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jdp526 said:
I wonder if they know that the brake caliper needs to be moved out of the way of the rotor?
They said they they cannot get the axle nut to move. these guys have done many leftys. just strange.

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
I have never had that happen to me, assuming the bolt wasnt cross threaded on I doesnt make sense. I would suggest that they remove the bolt cap and washer and then put some lubricating oil around the bolt with the bike lying on its side and let it sit for a couple of hours before trying to loosen it.

Kevin

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Duncan1104 said:
i think this happened to someone else not to long ago. i think someone said it was the helicoil.... but i dont know
thanks for remembering, I did a search and came with this thread.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=418887&highlight=helicoil

I will contact the LBS tomarrow to get them the info. I hope they can get that bearing free with a little penetrating oil.

Edit:
I continued this on the linked thread above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.