Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the Reba Race for my front end it seems to be the lightest of the "name brands". I've noticed that these have been heavily discounted lately compared to Fox. How do these compare, as well as Manatou and Marrzochi.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
If lightweight and heavily discounted are to be the highest priorities, the Marz offerings won't likely appeal to you. The lighter weight model goes for about $700+ and the lower priced model (about $390) weighs right at 5lbs. The 2010 29" models from Marz are also both QR15 axles.

I really like mine, but it just doesn't seem to meet your prioritized criteria.

I don't have enough time on a Manitou to comment and I don't see Fox 29" forks going for anywhere the price of the discounted Rebas. Unless I was able to test ride a Manitou and it blew my socks off, I think I'd go with the Reba if price is an issue. JMHO.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've own three F29 Fox forks and decided I didn't want to spend that much for one of my new bikes. I bought the Reba Race without the remote lockout and it's working out so far. You will spend more time adjusting the sag and negative pressure at first, but it's similar to the Fox in most applications. Uncut weight was 3.89lbs as claimed for the 2009 model. I did notice more than usual (by Fox standards) oil on the right leg after the first 20-30 miles. We'll see where this goes... Overall, good for $400.

·
Rider and Wrench
1,478 Posts
I have ridden a few Rebas including the newly designed version along with a few Fox and Manitou (not much time on this though). While the Fox is my personal Preference the 09' Reba Team I ran for a bit was a great fork, when you compare "new" prices and cost is factor (for most of it is...our pain thresholds may vary though) it is a no brainer to go with a Reba- you can get them for under $400 and your looking at quite bid more for a new Fox. If I go T/A I will probably get a Reba-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.