Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at switching the stock Manitou Splice Elite with a Manitou Minute 3. Granted the stock fork has 150mm of travel but only has rebound adjustment and nothing else.
With the Minute 3 I gain the infinate travel adjustment on the fly but lose 20 mm of travel. Will I notice the loss and will the shock still marry up to the rear 6 inch travel. Is this a good switch. I can get the shock for $329 so it is kind of hard to pass up. Suggestions please sale ends towmorrow.

Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Fork length is a personal preference. The more you ride downhill the most stiffness and travel you require. If you like to climb and ride where it's not very rough a 130/140 for would be just as good. Longer forks are heavier and will dive more due to the extra travel. Shorter forks are not as forgiving in the rough.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've got a 130mm Revelation on mine and like it. I frequently adjust it down to 100 for longer climbs. But then, I do lots of longer climbs, so it makes sense for me. I know many who treat it more for FR/DH put on 150mm Pikes.

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
I have the Nixon Elite on my Reign 2 w/ the adjustable travel. Most of the time I dial it down to 115mm for the climb, and I forget to reset for the downhill part and it seems to me to handle just fine. I think the extra travel is more important on big drops or jumps, if your comfortable getting out of the saddle over rough turrain, travel shouldn't be a huge issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am in the process of building a reign for my buddy cyfer, I should have all the parts and the frame by this friday. We decided to get the Marzocchi AM II 130/150 fork with eta adjustment. You can crank the fork down as low as 30mm for a hill climb and then set it at either 130 or 150mm of travel. Down shift cycles has it for $365 on sale, normally $505. I purchased another marzocchi fork from them last year and they have the best prices around! I originally spotted them on ebay and you can go to their website and also get bargains. The owner Jared is a cool guy, will give you a great deal! Shipping is also free!

On your splice, do you have through axles or standard skewers? The Fork I mentioned a standard skewer and not a 20mm through axle.

http://downshiftcycles.sslpowered.c...t_info&osCsid=52a5d67506b2f44372eba2f72bb0790

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/d...QG#[email protected]#793,&mCJ=&IDOggetto=28060

The Marzocchi All Mountain is truly built for the entire mountain. Climbing is a joy and descending is pure bliss. At a mere 5 pounds, the All Mountain 1 is one of the lightest long travel single crown forks on the mountain. It is fully adjustable from initial setup to on-the-fly trail tuning. Marzocchi delivers the entire package for your all mountain needs.

DAMPING SYSTEM New SSV System
Open Bath Lubrication
ADJUSTABILITY External Air Preload w/o Adapter
Single Rebound Adjuster
ETA + TAS 130 > 150mm
SPRING TYPE Air
Long Negative Coil Spring
TRAVEL 130mm to 150mm Travel
TOP CROWN N/A
LOWER CROWN New Forged Crown Specific for All Mountain Use
ARCH/SLIDERS New All Mountain Magnesium Monolite
STANCHIONS
(inner legs) ø32mm Alloy Black Stanchions
STEER TUBE Alloy FR Steer Tube
DISC BRAKE MOUNT Disc Brake Post Mount
DROP-OUT TYPE Standard Drop-Outs
OPTIONAL FEATURE New AM Integrated Fender
FORK COLORS Flat black
DECALS COLORS White/Red

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.