Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just purchased a Gemini 3000 this weekend and it has the Bomber 2 Super D Pro shock on the front. My question is how can I tighten it up so is no so squishy? I have read thru the basic setup thread and still cant figure it out. I weigh 150 and want the bike to be set up so I have maximum goodness from it.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Tighter isn't very helpful, you normally don't "tighten" your forks. You might need to add air if it's air sprung, or change to a firmer spring if coil sprung. You might need to adjust compression damping (may not be possible). A better description of what you need to change on your fork will get you more specific advice. You can download manuals from the Marzocchi website (I'm assuming that's a Marzocchi, but haven't heard of that specific model, just going on Bomber).

·
Registered
422 Posts
The closest thing I could find in the Marzocchi website is a Super T Pro from 2004, look in this link:
http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/l...=&TipoProdotto=ForksAM&IDA=2456&Submit=Search

On page 128 under Adjustments, it says the Super T Pro has external Spring preload, then on page 129 it tells you how to adjust. So first thing to do is to set the proper sag by following the instructions. If the fork still bottoms with proper sag, then you need different/heavier springs. On the top of page 128 it says "visit our website...for different spring rates"

Also look at your fork, it might even have a top cap that allows adding air preload using the special Marzocchi air adapter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.