Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been tweaking my Front Derailleur, and I dont know if it is my old cranks (2003ish Truvativ 5D's (SLX soon :p )) but to get it dropping to the small chain-ring I have to rotate the derailleur about 12degree. When in the first chainring the derailleur is not sitting on the limit screw but it has stopped against itself (hard to explain) so it seems like there is no way to get it lower to shift down more smoothly without rotating it. Is this normal or have I done something wrong?

Cheers

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to do what the park tool website describes as "too far inward". I am starting to think that the spindle/bb is too slim which might explain the plastic cap (from BB) splitting when I screwed it in (thought it was crazy torque for a plastic cap :madman:). I spose I will just have to wait till new get a CORRECT WIDTH chainset :) . I hope I didnt damage the BB:eek: .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hm... So the spindle width on my old crankset is smaller than what the derailleur was made for which is what the problem is?
Do all cranksets come with a standard spindle width so that a new one would fix my problems?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts