Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me how the offset on front derailleur direct mount adapters is measured? I think I have the wrong offset but don't understand how they are measured.

I picked up a 9:zero:7 Tundra. I finally got a SRAM GX 2x10 high direct mount, top pull derailleur. My LBS sent me home with an Origin8 100mm BB adapter. I'm running the same cranks that were on my previous bike with 197 rear. When I mounted up the adapter and derailleur I can't get it to swing out far enough to hit the big ring. I backed off the limit screw all the way and it still won't swing out far enough. The Origin8 adapter said online it's 85mm spaced. Problem Solvers are 39.5mm (3x), 43.5mm (2x), Moonlander (unspecified), and Wofltooth/Borealis is 50mm. I thought it was from the outside of the seat tube but then the Origin8 at 85mm didn't work with the math.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Hi. Did you ever solve this? I am running into the exact same problem. 100mm BB, 197mm rear hub, moving drivetrain from old frame over to a new frame with same BB and rear hub spec. I had to buy a new high direct mount front derailleur and Origin8 100mm direct mount adapter. I have made things work by moving all the BB spacers to the non-drive side and then maxing out the limit screws. But the crankset is no longer centered on the frame and it seems weird. I started a thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts