Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tension on the derailler is really tight making it hard to shift. I was hoping this screw might set the spring tension. There was no mention of it in the shimano tech docs. There is an alignment feature on the screw and corresponding feature on the derailler body.

Thanks

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
There is no such thing as a spring tension adjustment on front derailleurs (as for that screw, I don't know -- what frame is that mounted to?).

I agree with Smokey to look elsewhere for your problem. Start by cleaning the bike and lubing the derailleur's pivots with a light oil.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cables are fine and it is not the limit adjustment or lubrication issues. Bike is dirty because I just got back from a ride. This is a new derailler that I got cheap on Jensonusa. It might just be the way this derailler is. I have never seen such a screw on an FD, so was wondering what it was. To answer Smokey0066's question It is difficult to shift into the big ring but it does shift ok. I should have mentioned i have Deore LX rapidfire + shifters that are new as well. Maybe I have weak thumbs!

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Hey, get a sense of humor! Jeez...

Really, it's pretty hard to diagnose such a vague complaint, and seeing as how you've just reinstalled shifters (and presumably cables & housing???) there are a few suspects.

BTW, a friendly photography tip: try that same shot from further back, but fully zoomed in. It'll get rid of the fisheye distortion and have a better chance of being in focus. And seriously -- your seat tube looks squared off in that shot. What frame is it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.