Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently upgrading the drivetrain on my '08 Trance 2. I have already purchased a SLX crankset, SRAM X.9 Gripshifters and rear der (thanks chainreaction flood sale):thumbsup: . Wanted to get a good upgrade front der. and went with an older but NIB Shimano XT FD-751 on Ebay for $12.99. I knew that it needed to be a top pull but didn't think much about the top swing/bottom swing aspect of it. The OEM Deore is top pull bottom swing. Will I have issues? Seems to be plenty of room on the seat tube, what are the functional differences between top and bottom swing? Did I just buy a paperweight?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. With the Maestro rear suspension it doesn't appear that it will come anywhere close to the der.even at full compression. It appears that there will be adequate room for the clamp as well. I wondered if one design worked better than the other, thanks for answering that too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.