Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just re-aligned my front brake (juicy 5), using tips from a previous post (thanks guys).

Now when I apply any reasonable amount of force the front brake is juddering......as this is the first time I have removed and realigned my brakes I ain't 100% sure if this is the way it should be or that I am just being paranoid. Any thoughts?

Also I've noticed my rotor isn't 100% flat, is this normal???

Thanks,

Kit.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Not knowing why you needed to realign your brake, nor what you advice you followed, hard to say if your rotor being out of true is at fault or what you did to realign your brake...but I'd try to true my rotor before doing anything else.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
The rotor could have warped, if it's warped, you need to true it, just like wheels are trued.

Make sure the pads aren't grabbing the arms of the rotor, you may need some small washers under the CPS spacers to move the caliper out.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
If it was only someone pulling your lever, all you had to do was spread the pads; realigning the calipers was unnecessary (unless they were already misaligned as well). Truing is easy and you'll eventually need it with disc brakes. There's a nice brake faq in the upper right corner of the page...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.