Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for my new Heckler frame to get here and am trying to get all loose ends squared away so I can get the ball rolling when it arrives.

Odd question, but can you Heckler owners give the shift cable housing lengths for front and rear? I have some short spare housing lying around and want to avoid a trip to the LBS and wasting $ on extra housing if I can help it. Or if I know I need a foot or 2 I can get it ahead of time.

Thanks in advance. I've got my complete built kit ready to go....all I need is the frame :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
What size frame? Are you running full length housing? If you're not, you should be.
FISHLEG said:
I'm waiting for my new Heckler frame to get here and am trying to get all loose ends squared away so I can get the ball rolling when it arrives.

Odd question, but can you Heckler owners give the shift cable housing lengths for front and rear? I have some short spare housing lying around and want to avoid a trip to the LBS and wasting $ on extra housing if I can help it. Or if I know I need a foot or 2 I can get it ahead of time.

Thanks in advance. I've got my complete built kit ready to go....all I need is the frame :rolleyes:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a large.

I didn't think the Heckler frames were set up for full length housing. But you can always do your own thing. Does it have guides for full length?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yes, it is set up for both. I have a large and run full length. Do you want the cable lengths?
FISHLEG said:
It's a large.

I didn't think the Heckler frames were set up for full length housing. But you can always do your own thing. Does it have guides for full length?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lebikerboy said:
Yes, it is set up for both. I have a large and run full length. Do you want the cable lengths?
Cool, I appreciate it. I didn't know it was set up for both and I would rather run full length.

Hook me up with the lengths bud!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Okay, I had to estimate the loop for the rear as I use a Avid rollamajig but here it is:
Front equals 42 inches and the rear equals 64 inches. That yields a total of 106 inches
so, 9 feet of housing (108 inches) should be fine.
FISHLEG said:
Cool, I appreciate it. I didn't know it was set up for both and I would rather run full length.

Hook me up with the lengths bud!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lebikerboy said:
Okay, I had to estimate the loop for the rear as I use a Avid rollamajig but here it is:
Front equals 42 inches and the rear equals 64 inches. That yields a total of 106 inches
so, 9 feet of housing (108 inches) should be fine.

Thanks for your help bud.

I guess you and I are going to be the only 2 people on here riding Hecklers huh! ;)

·
Old man on a bike
12,383 Posts
Just because I knew about the dual purpose stops when I bought the bike, or had no problem determining my housing lengths but didn't feel like measuring it for you doesn't mean much.
I will give you some advice, though. First, buy your housing in bulk (in a big reel like the bike shops use) then next time when you need to change it out you still don't have to go buy anything, you can have any length of housing you need for any bike at a moment's notice and it's significantly cheaper than buying it in useless bits and pieces. When securing your full length housing I've had the best luck in cinching it tight on the swingarm and leaving it a little loose on the front triangle to allow for suspension movement.

Now build that baby up and ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts