Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of my mojo with a front 650b set up. definitely better about rolling
over holes in the snow. After 2 rides, going to put on a Neo Moto. rode a friends
bike with this set up and works real nice in the white stuff, the racing ralph 2.25 is light( 510 grams) but not such a good front snow tire. the smart sam on the back does a good
job.
Mitch
Boise

Attachments

·
half tread will travel
240 Posts
mtbmitch2 said:
here is a pic of my mojo with a front 650b set up. definitely better about rolling
over holes in the snow. After 2 rides, going to put on a Neo Moto. rode a friends
bike with this set up and works real nice in the white stuff, the racing ralph 2.25 is light( 510 grams) but not such a good front snow tire. the smart sam on the back does a good
job.
Mitch
Boise
hey mitch, nice ride almost organic looking out there...what are you running for chain rings and it looks like a medium length derailliuer.??

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tread Mark
running a 20,32,36 chainring set. nice to have the super granny for higher altitude steep
stuff and compensate for age. rear derailer is a m771 medium cage. a lot less chain slap
than with a long cage.

·
MountainGoat aka OldGoat
832 Posts
650b on the front is the way to go. I have a stans 355 with the Quasi-moto on the front of my SL and I LOVE IT!
What is that white stuff on the ground??? We have light colored sand here in SoCal, but not that white:)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I just put a 650b on the front of my SL too but haven't tried it out as it's been -30C for 2 weeks. A Hope Pro 2 hub and a Stans 355 rim with a Neo Moto bootie. As soon as I get my 20mm converter I can put on my new Manitou MRD Absolute 130 and see if it fits.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mitch,

I'm glad you like it. I'm back in town, so lets go for another ride soon. I went Saturday night and was impressed once again with the Neo in the snow. I need to get a Racing Ralph for this summer.

By the way, thanks for the suspension work on the KTM. When the snow goes away, we need to head out to the desert.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Two Mojos in the snow

It was a cold 18 degree day on the Snake River. The Mojos, however, performed admirably.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.