Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my '06 Nixon TPC+ fork a little while ago, what a huge improvement over the 05 model with just TPC. There is a ton a adjustment in either direction unlike the TPC model where there was too much rebound dampening even with it adjusted all the way fast. Also has nice aluminum knobs now with audible clicks. This thing rides great, small stuff just dissapears and the fork seems to ramp up nicely in the last 1/3 of stroke for bottom out resistance. Good job Manitou!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it looked taller too

But its not, I measured 518 A to C. I also took the spacers out of my '05 Nixon. When I first picked it up I talked to Bobby at Manitou regarding the spacers I had on my '05. He told me this one gets full travel without having to crack the fork open, since then I have confirmed it does get all of it's claimed 145mm of travel.

·
%$#$*!
811 Posts
What are the basics of adjusting your shim stacks? do you add more shims to make it firmer? what are the effects of placement and size of the shims?

I have a sherman with tpc+ that I want to make more progressive but keep the initial small bump compliance. thanks

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
beefmagic said:
What are the basics of adjusting your shim stacks? do you add more shims to make it firmer? what are the effects of placement and size of the shims?

I have a sherman with tpc+ that I want to make more progressive but keep the initial small bump compliance. thanks
Basically, shims flex backwards to let oil past. Fewer shims flex back easier to let more oil past.

For your sherman, the sliding piston is the one that kicks in after 40mm or so of wheel travel, the fixed one is working the whole time.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Dougal said:
Basically, shims flex backwards to let oil past. Fewer shims flex back easier to let more oil past.

For your sherman, the sliding piston is the one that kicks in after 40mm or so of wheel travel, the fixed one is working the whole time.
you can try adjusting the sliding piston. theres a small spring that holds it in the lowest position and retained by a C-clip. they typically come installed in the lowes (at the end) and theres grooves to move it further up 2 positions i believe. moving the clip and pistion gets it into the 2nd stage of damping sooner causing it to ramp up sooner.. someone correct me if im wrong...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.