Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace Lefty DLR with SID WC. Do I need some parts like new headset or something ?

Lefty is 110mm, SID 100mm. Should I be concerned about this ? Are there any other "issues" ?

Nothing wrong in Lefty, really. It's just that I'm sick of Lefty-proprietary wheel, stem and lack of adjustability. Also WC is ~200g lighter itself.

Thanks for posting.

-pe-

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Unless you were running the Lefty with a 1 1/8in steerer on a non-Cannondale frame, you'll need a special headset which has cups that will fit your headtube but with an inner diameter to accommodate your new fork. Cane Creek makes a great one, the name of which escapes me.

Measuring the axle to crown of both forks should give you a pretty good idea if you will be steepening or slackening your head angle with your new fork. It seems like Cannondale has a habit of packing in a little extra travel in Lefty forks of similar length to conventional forks, so you are probably ok there. Just be aware that you may be changing the handling of the bike a little. Again, no biggy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for kind replies. Forgot to mention that that fork is replaced for Scalpel Team Replica -09.

/ Start to google for Woodman....

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
King also makes such a headset. I wouldn't worry about a 10mm change in travel, but you might want to compare axle-crown height as well for a better idea on the change in geometry. I know that SIDs have been improved in the stiffness department in the last few years, but the lefty is one of the stiffest forks out there, so that could be an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts