Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

From Frustration comes some good.

370 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  squish 
#1 · (Edited)
From Frustration comes some good. (pics)

I was forced to reload my puker the other day, various drivers just kinda stopped working, you know the drill. Well I had backed up all of my pictures (some 2 or 3 gigs worth) with the exception of the most recent ones. Got the reload done and low and behold half of the CD's I had burned hadn't burned quite right, I could look at the thumbnails but when I tried to bring them back over to the computer it wouldn't work. :mad:

But I did manage to get some of them back and was reminded of something I had planned to do quite some time ago.

Back in August I went on my yearly trip to Medora, ND. The second time the Burner had been there, but the first time I really enjoyed riding it up there. The first trip went terribly wrong and wasn't as much fun as it could have been (lost all my pics from that trip). Went up with my Mom and Dad, and some good fun, and plenty of time to think through a major job decision while I was at it.

First night up we got to see the Northern Lights...and the riding was great, I'll let the pics do the talking for that one. Sorry guys I don't have any cool action shots, I'm usually the photog when there is one on these rides and I spent a lot of time solo this year. As far as the job thing, well you can ask Cactuscorn about that one. :D

More to come...

happy trails...

squish

See less See more
#2 ·
my bet is that theres not a single one of us that hasnt gone through the hell and frustration that you did with losing bits and bites. i was this close to a repeat of the same thing not days ago. its nuthin short of a sickening feeling to see all those pics, work and info wiped clean off, never to be seen again.

ok, ask me and ill tell ya its a pleasure to have such a talented wrench in the shop at long last not to mention a quality individual to hang out with. i know yer always supposed to hire yer replacement but i hadnt counted on someone smarter and more talented than myself and thats a good thing yet not a unreasonable thing as im nuthin but a moron anyway. obviously the kids got some talent with a lens to boot. glad ya showed up pal. glad i logged on and met ya on this here forum. yet another benny to ownin a turner. this wansnt covered in the catolog!

#3 ·
I didn't see "find your dream job" mentioned on the Turner website either. But it worked out.

Any way got a few more pics from the Medora trip. This batch is from a 2.5 hour ride my Dad and I did on like the 3rd day of the trip, down the Buffalo Gap Trail, into Medora. I had planned on doing this one solo not thinking he'd want to spend that much time in the saddle. I have to say it was a fun bloody ride. It was mostly through the grass lands in the area, but there were sections that went down hill for miles, not an aggressive downhill, but a mild sort of angle to the trail that kept your momentum up and kept you pedaling faster and faster and the dring getting bigger and bigger. The climb back up to the Maah Daah Hey trail wasn't that much fun, but the final decent into town is fantastic.

This is the old man, some of you may know his as Squash in some of the other forums

I may have a few more I can get up if yer interested.

happy trails...

squish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.