Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started SSpeeding some time ago (can't recall exactly when) with a converted Supergo Access frame that I had laying on the garage. I posted several threads regarding tensioners, painting, gear ratios, you name it; everything a newb will ask about sspeeds.

Tonight I post to let everyone here that the converted frame is gone and a SS specific frame will be used from now on.

Here's Beauty, my converted frame.

After that pic it suffred several changes but non major.

Now, the process of disassembling the old and assembling the new.

The finished product, '04 Kona Unit

I was going to buy a Two Circles frame from eBay but after discussing about the Unit I was sold on a frame with warranty and sliding dropouts.

Thanks to Manicmtbr for hooking me with the frame and all others that helped by answering my questios here.

DD

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First ride impression

This frame rocks. It's a lot more forgiving than my previous Al frame and that makes me wonder how a Ti frame will feel... Humm if I can only find some extra money :)

Me and my favorite riding partner (my son) went to the Fajardo trail again. Here are a couple of pics. The pics aren't great, took along the beater digi cam.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice DirtDevil! Don't assume ti will ride better, though...my steel frames (Soulcraft & Steelman) both ride nicer than the two high-end ti frames I had. It all depends on the manufacturer, tubing selection, blah, blah, blah.

Craig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.