Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dates for the January races are the Sundays of the 15th and 29th, sorry for any confusion. This saturday past 12/31, I revised the course a bit with the addition of a horseshoe turn 50 yards before the finish line, and revised the goose egg hairpin turn so that it would allow passing while in the turn. These revisions will be included in the January races.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi akdeluxe !

Will you be here in Alaska to do the Kenai Flier, July 22nd ? The Kenai Flier is the Soggy Course (109 miles) but it will ridden as a 3 person relay. It will be only for experienced riders such as yourself. The Soggy Bottom will be August 19th.

akdeluxe said:
Thank god! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey i rode the frigid track last night on my way home from work. That was a lot of fun, started laying into the turns a bit, then remembered I was carrying my laptop so I had to ease off. Is this still on for Sunday? Can an out of shape hack come out and play? If so I'll try and make it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
TIMES?

what time should people be there this sunday?

hey rio, i might have to swing by. although i dont have any spkied tires, i might give it a try anyway.

see you later.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good times

Well Howdy !
If you would like to race sign up is from 12:30- 1:30 and the racing will start around 2 PM.
I will be at Goose Lake on Saturday from 12:30 on to dink around with the course so bring your bike and take some practice laps - I promise that if you get out of control and go off course you wont hit any trees ; ) !

bostonnewbie said:
TIMES?

what time should people be there this sunday?

hey rio, i might have to swing by. although i dont have any spkied tires, i might give it a try anyway.

see you later.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
laying with the Goose

Sure ! come on out and join the hoopla ! we have 3 classes and a no class race for the Pugs , (just kidding ) ! you will have options to ride 3, 6 or 9 miles or for the insane, race all three for 18 miles ! Just found out we will have some awesome music to !

nerka said:
Hey i rode the frigid track last night on my way home from work. That was a lot of fun, started laying into the turns a bit, then remembered I was carrying my laptop so I had to ease off. Is this still on for Sunday? Can an out of shape hack come out and play? If so I'll try and make it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I can get my lazy butt out of bed before noon

I'm there. I might not race, too much like work. Maybe I'll bring my sweetie and make a date of it. That cafe' thing is still open?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Paddle Boat Cafe'

Is indeed open, and will have cold and warm drinks and a limited selection of warm food bring a camp chair to sit outside to watch the races and listen to cool music !

Kirk-frm-Hell said:
I'm there. I might not race, too much like work. Maybe I'll bring my sweetie and make a date of it. That cafe' thing is still open?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts