Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Diaskeuast
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove back Sunday from a trip to Soldotna and arrived at Goose Lake as the race was ending. Missed my chance for action shots, but managed to score a group photo of the finishers. All the smiles I saw as folks rode off the lake have me thinking about showing up with a bike next month:

Attachments

·
HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
923 Posts
Good time had by all!!

Holy Alaskan Ice Snakes was that course fun. My bits were frigid in the end! You could tell Carlos (rio) put some love into it making the course. We only had 4 riders but it was stilll a blast. Everyone definately needs to come out to the next one. A couple guys from the Daily News stopped by and one (Kevin - ? - sorry I'm horrible with names) raced the course sans studs! I think he must have been sandbagging me with some magical retractable studs because he was fast! Good job to all!

Thanks to Carlos for putting the whole shindig on. I will be at the next one...you better be too...speedo optional! Be sure to bring some ice snake repellant!

P.S.

Tony...where were you at? I wanted to race you for rent money...ha ha!!

Photos by my mother in law (she goes home tonight WOOO HOOO!):

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thank you

thanks all those that dared to show up and have some fun !
Please mark January 13th as another chance to ride the Frigid Bits short track and Goose Lake. Also thanks to the mom in-law for the photos.

daveIT said:
Holy Alaskan Ice Snakes was that course fun. My bits were frigid in the end! You could tell Carlos (rio) put some love into it making the course. We only had 4 riders but it was stilll a blast. Everyone definately needs to come out to the next one. A couple guys from the Daily News stopped by and one (Kevin - ? - sorry I'm horrible with names) raced the course sans studs! I think he must have been sandbagging me with some magical retractable studs because he was fast! Good job to all!

Thanks to Carlos for putting the whole shindig on. I will be at the next one...you better be too...speedo optional! Be sure to bring some ice snake repellant!

P.S.

Tony...where were you at? I wanted to race you for rent money...ha ha!!

Photos by my mother in law (she goes home tonight WOOO HOOO!):

1 - 4 of 4 Posts