Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone holding a frame out there? Probably an 18, lightning prefered (gold). Just fishing around...

·
Registered
571 Posts
About 18 months ago, I bought a new old inventory 17" Breezer Lightning at Nomad Cyclery in San Francisco. Give them a call. There was one left back then and the Breezers were just collecting dust hanging from the ceiling. Color was black w/ the eggshell spearpoint paint.

I paid $400 for it.

Ask for Roger, he discounted it for me from $500. They also had one built up with a rigid fork and LX components too hanging in the front window.

Nomad Cyclery
2555 Irving St
San Francisco, CA
415 564 3568

It's worth a shot. That was the only place in San Francisco that had Breezers after Joe got out of the bike biz. Lot's of the shops that carry Merry Sales products have replaced the Breezers with Interloc frames now, which have many similarities and word on the street is that Joe had some input on those Interlocs.

The gold Lightnings are going to be super hard to find. From what I know, those were made specifically for a European (German I think) racing team.

Cyclart in San Rafael or Air Glow can recreate the Breezer paint scheme, but I think it's going to cost over $250 to do so and that's a modest estimate.

Breezers ruled the Bay Area when I lived and rode there back in 2000. As a result check out San Francisco based classified sites for Breezers, they pop all the time Craigslist:
http://www.craigslist.org/

·
Registered
571 Posts
That's a toughie

A Cloud Nine is going to be hard to find. But Breezer stuff pops up on eBay once in a while.

Check out the Breezer forum over at Delphi:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/Breezer

The members are mostly Europeans who have a thing for Breezers, but there are American members aswell. Post a wanted ad over there and see what happens.

Worth a shot...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.