Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Motobecane Pilot
117 Posts
What filler did you use on the stainless bits- 50n, 45%, 50% or some other stuff? Looks like a good match. I think I like the scotchbrite finish better than polished. Nice piece.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Beautiful. Everything is so well done. That, and I'd love to ride the hell out of that bike.

·
401 Posts
What a jewel! I like everything about the way that bike looks but I really love that fork and stem. The Pecenti crown really blends well with your lugs on the stem........:thumbsup:
You can tell just by looking at it that it would be a joy to ride........NICE WORK

·
Registered
590 Posts
I only see one problem... Gonna be hard to find a riding partner. No one is going to want to ride their OCLV Trek next to that gem! :)

Nice work!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks

swift said:
I only see one problem... Gonna be hard to find a riding partner. No one is going to want to ride their OCLV Trek next to that gem! :)

Nice work!
No worries, I don't hang out with THOSE people.

Thanks to everybody for all the nice compliments.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
That's pretty swanky Joel.

Did you consider 'incorporating' the rear portion of the top S&S into the top lug somehow?

And what was the rationale behind the sleeved stainless seatstays?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The coupler is mitered so it meets the ST lug on the top and both sides--this was actually the inpiration for the whole bike. The lower coupler does this too, but the BB isn't stainless.

The SS are segmented because I don't like the way a painted SS has to be masked where it meets the ST lug.

Thanks, Joel

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Clockwork Bikes said:
The SS are segmented because I don't like the way a painted SS has to be masked where it meets the ST lug.
Nice one! :thumbsup:

Refreshing to see non polished lugs, too I might add.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts