Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a ride, maybe Friday morning around 10-ish. Could be JMP, could be Santa Teresa, could be Demo, too. Hell, it could be Ord if I'm feelin like driving all that way. Wanted to know if anyone else had that time off to go riding. Would love to hit these places, but prefer to not ride by myself...(don't want to fall, get knocked out, stranded for the day, you get the picture...) So, some ideas?! I'm coming from Fremont.

JMP - Oak
*Redwood - Oak
*Demo - SC
*Wilder - SC
Santa Teresa - SJ
Diablo - Pleasonton/Walnut Creek?
*Ord - Monterey?
Skeggs - Woodside

Again, let me know if you wanna join for the ride!

Note: * means I've never been...:D

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
Can anybody show Steve around Demo Friday since he's never been there? He's a good rider and a good guy.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Friday no-can-do, but.....

...how about Sunday. I will probably be going up there with a buddy. I plan on doing Causaks on the way up then Ridge, Corral, Sulfer, Braille and out. Good intermediate loop, I think Steve would do well on this one. You might wanna hit up Chucke to take you around. He's out there just about every weekend.

Travis

·
Registered
710 Posts
Stumpy_Steve said:
Looking to do a ride, maybe Friday morning around 10-ish.

*Demo - SC

Again, let me know if you wanna join for the ride!

Note: * means I've never been...:D
I'm planning on being at Demo at 10 tomorrow morning. Let me know if you plan to make it.

-Derek

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, today was my first time at Demo. It was a good ride, the views were nice (though the views from the car were better), and derek kicked my ass up and down the hill. Overall, it was a good ride. We hit ridge to sawpit, and finished (I only had enough for one loop, and I think Derek might have wanted to get home to finish some projects...;) I liked Demo, although I feel it might be a little overated? Ok, calm down, it was one of the best rides I have been on. But, maybe I just expected more? Also, it was my first time, so I wasn't used to the trails yet. Nor was I too comfortable going too fast, as it was my first time, and didn't know whether to expect a 5 foot drop or singletrack. I have horrible balance, so the constant turns while going on technical dh was a bit hard, not to mention my cleats need to be adjusted (had a hard time clipping in on uphills/downhills... I have to be clipped in for dh's, and when I started rolling I tried to clip in, but I couldn't... frustrating!:madman: ). It was a good ride, though, like I said. And good to finish off with chips and a sandwich at the Summit Store... Derek, miles and climbing ft? My speedometer is crap... I'm excited to go again on Sunday, maybe it will be a bit easier/funner?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Stumpy_Steve said:
Also, it was my first time, so I wasn't used to the trails yet. Nor was I too comfortable going too fast, as it was my first time, and didn't know whether to expect a 5 foot drop or singletrack.
I think you are being a bit too hard on yourself. You were doing really well, just this year I've finally gotten the groove on that trail (the new tires help). Few times down that trail and you'll be flying. Actually, now that you have an idea you probably be ripping it up on Sunday.

I had ~16 miles and 2700 feet of climbing.

Thanks for the ride and keep checking off the other places you haven't been on your list.

-Derek

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Stumpy_Steve said:
I'm excited to go again on Sunday, maybe it will be a bit easier/funner?
I remember my first ride out there. Did the same loop and had the same feelings about Demo. I recommend going down Braille on Sunday to see the different styles of riding Demo has to offer. IMO Sawpit is less flowy and the jumps that are there are a little too crazy. Braille has much better stunts for those who are a little less than confidant in there balance/ability. Although there are still lines out there that can push some of the best riders I know. I'll probably pass you on Summit as you are leaving since I'll be on the lazy nooner ride.

C-YA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.