Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little ride Friday- temps in the low 50's-but plenty of sun- trails have a lot of down fall, limbs and trees and lots of mud (glad I didnt loose a mech. / first punctured Nevegal though) but overall still a good day on the Epi.:):)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Looks inviting! Thanks for sharing. I'd like to see the same trail in the middle of summer for the contrast in the bare trees.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am so jealous

Havent been on the bike since early Dec, cause of a series of snowstorms up here in new england. Latest yesterday left onlt three inches of crusty ice, but temps will be in negative numbers by friday. Been going to the gym and riding the stationary bike. Just not the same. Jim

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for Replies

FNG, Jim- the local chapter of SORBA/IMBA, Friends of Yargo has done a super job over the years with this system it is approximately a 12.5 mile loop in Winder Georgia- north east central Georgia. It is usualy in awesome condition- the local courts direct alot of community service hours to its upkeep as well. Somedays I'll be riding along and will find 5-6 guys blowing along the trail with leafblowers and rakes- talk about sweet trail upkeep! When the vegetation is in full growth the place is pretty lush! Check it out if you are ever down this way. Good campsites and cabins are available. Have a good one.

Yargo State Park

·
Registered
62 Posts
jimbo, i rode arcadia on sat it was slippery. now way to ride without studs. but it was still good to get out for an hour. hasnt been many people out there the last month or so.

·
Registered
764 Posts
That looks like some nice tree dodging, is it pretty flat there? It has been about 2weeks since my last encounter with the trail and it starts to hurt my spirit. :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Arcadia

trail65 said:
jimbo, i rode arcadia on sat it was slippery. now way to ride without studs. but it was still good to get out for an hour. hasnt been many people out there the last month or so.
Thats about an hour southwest of me. I have ridden there many times. Love starting out on Escoheag Hill road, going down by the Stepping Stones, Through the old Boy Scout Camp and Ending up near the Church. Sorta reverse of what most people do. Last Time out, went outa parking lot at Beach Pond. Kinda Gnarly. That was a NEMBA ride. Damn, I need to ride. Jim

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yargo Trails

I know what you guys mean- if I cant get out on the trail once a week at least I start to get grumpy;) J Cools -- yes it is relatively flat compared to some North Georgia trails. But it has some very interesting elevation gains and drops. The system roughly follows the outline of a lake which is fairly large and there are a mixture of rises and falls from 5- 60 feet I'm guessing in the trail and its route. Many of these are routed around streams and gulleys which feed the lake some of which are no longer active or wet. You can realy get some speed up in some locations which makes the trail a hell of a lot of fun. It truly is unique and the builders have done a great job in trying to lay the trail where there is natural rise/fall or any other challenging aspect of the landscape. All surrounded by very dense at times forest and vegetation. It is one of my favorite rides and only about 35 minutes from home. Heres to counting down till Spring! Happy trails.:thumbsup:

Again Many Thanks to Friends of Yargo, Winder SORBA and IMBA for their hard work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts