Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be taking my annual field trip down to ride Green Mountain and Dakota Ridge on Friday. Meet up in the parking lot off Rooney Rd at 11am if you care to join.

We usuall ride a lap of Green Mountain, then a lap on Dakota Ridge/Red Rocks.

Say... how's trail conditions down there anyway. Is the Red Rocks side mucky now?

dave

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Dakota is in great shape, Green is in great shape, red rocks/winters may still be a little mucky...

·
Tribe Member
873 Posts
is this a geared ride or a SS ride? I just got a new SS from Santa and needs to give it a ride to check out

Let me know

thanks

Rich

·
Not just famous; infamous
1,069 Posts
I might be hangin around

I may be playing around at Dakota Ridge about that time. Too outta shape to hang with you guys AND my wife's due at any time, so I have to stay near the car to be ready to bolt to the hospital. We've been on babywatch for about a week now...she's dying to get the kid outta her.

So...IF she's got some co-workers who can take her to the hospital with her tomorrow, I'll be out playing. If not, I'll be hanging around home all day, ready with the suitcase and car keys :p

Look for an very uncoordinated guy in a green helmet on a red turner. Wave as you pass his slow ass. Don't laugh. Be kind. He's an expectant father :D

Later--Dan

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coolhandluchs said:
Wave as you pass his slow ass. Don't laugh. Be kind. He's an expectant father :D
Yep. Been there. Don't stress :)

And I'm only getting slower the older our daughter gets.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yetirich said:
is this a geared ride or a SS ride? I just got a new SS from Santa and needs to give it a ride to check out
I have gears but I don't discriminate. Wheels are the only requirement.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Looks like it's supposed to be 48 tommorrow - I will probably be there. I ride a silverish AC1 with a neato "01" sticker on the side - ala Dukes of Hazard.

·
1,069 Posts
Thanks

ignazjr said:
Yep. Been there. Don't stress :)

And I'm only getting slower the older our daughter gets.

Not so much stressing anymore...just tired of waiting :rolleyes:
Her due date was Xmas day, so I KNOW she's way past ready.

I'll keep an eye open for you guys tomorrow.

·
My cup runneth over
2,408 Posts
I will be doing a figure eight around that time too. I live between Green Mountain and Bear Creek Lake park so ride up the trail from Coyote Gulch park to GM and then go West, get off at the Rooney Road parking lot ride up the road to D-ridge (which was fully rideable as far back as Tuesday!), over the hog back, cross the road, up RR/MW, cross back over the road to d-ridge then take Zoro back down to GM (skipping those impossible water bars!), up GM via Moonlight around and back home. I will be on a silver Turner Burner (distinguishing characteristic a Gravity Dropped seat post (really useful for my timid approach to d-ridge)). I also am all dressed up in a full face helmet and various pads - not because I go so fast, but because I suck so bad and crash a lot - sort of a warning if you see me coming :D

I also have young children and since they get a higher priority than my mtbing I only ever set a vague riding plan and go when the kids have had enough of me!

Hope to see you on the trail!

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
s1ngletrack said:
Looks like it's supposed to be 48 tommorrow - I will probably be there. I ride a silverish AC1 with a neato "01" sticker on the side - ala Dukes of Hazard.
Not sure what the vehicle of arrival will be but I'll be riding a grey Intense Tracer. See y'all there.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Ignaz and I will be carpooling.

To review: Blue Enduro, grey Tracer, in either a white Cherokee or maroon Stratus.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Gray 4Runner here - distinguishable by the copious amounts of MTB related sh*t that fall from the vehicle whenever the rear is opened.

·
1,069 Posts
Good to meet you guys

s1ngletrack said:
I guess it is, isn't it? You missed a fun ride today.
Sorry I couldn't tag along, but I was hurting for most of the ride anyway and woulda slowed you down. Gotta get back on the trainer.

It's always nice to meet new riders. Think I saw you guys heading up DR from the MW parking lot--couldn't see the bikes, just the helmets, but there were about 5-6 of you. Had a fun time just tooling around at the top, got to ride some stuff I usually wuss out on. Pads really do boost the confidence level :D Of course, I flew back down, didn't realize how close I was to that wall at the turn above the parking lot and almost launched it. Had to lay the bike down to avoid flying--would have bounced and gone straight down the hill on the other side of the trail :eek:

Later--Dan

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Gotta love the mid-workday rides. Eyes bloodshot and looking like I've been pulling bong hits for the last 3 hours, coughing like...well, I've been pulling bong hits for the last 3 hours, picking chunks of salt from my hair ...

"Has anyone else noticed that our IT guy looks stoned at least a couple times a week? I wonder what the hell he does during lunch." :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts