Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the day from hell, which included working 10 hours, getting a root canal, then driving 5.5 hours, I thought a little ride was in order today. Not too hard, just a nice spin. You see, I arrived in Keystone Colorado late last night.

Man-made objects kinda psyche me out, but after riding some of the bridges in NM last week, I at least attempted to ride this one.

I then rode up to this dog memorial Anthony and I snowshoed to just six months ago. I wiped the snow off of the stump to reveal a dog memorial site. It was the coolest thing to come across, especially since just recently losing a dog myself. I plan on putting Porter's name tag to this fine dog memorial. It is really sweet, there are benches to sit on to enjoy a nice view.

Even though Summit County has taken a hard hit from the bark beetles, the views are still amazing.

I stopped to pick up a plastic memory card holder on the trail and I noticed this fine columbine. Welcome to summer in the high country!

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love living back in Colorado. For those who think we are spoiled here, why yes we are! I'm only an hour from Keystone, and it is an ideal time to ride these trails!

I'll be heading out for a longer ride tomorrow which includes the Colorado Trail, can't wait! I'll take my girl with me too, then later in the week, Anthony will be up to enjoy some of these trails and doing a demo in Breck.

GreenBonty, thanks, I've been enjoying that Yeti!

sgltrak, I feel lucky to only be an hour away, I couldn't image this being my backyard! You had it good :thumbsup:

spec4life, the skiing isn't to bad either...and if you get bored of Keystone, there is Abasin, Breckenridge, and Copper very close by!

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,746 Posts
Great shots thanks for sharing. I have skied all of those slopes on numerous occasions but have yet to MTB them. Oh and BTW nice bike, I especially like the handlebar streamers, nice touch.;) Apparently nobody else noticed them.

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DIRTJUNKIE said:
Great shots thanks for sharing. I have skied all of those slopes on numerous occasions but have yet to MTB them. Oh and BTW nice bike, I especially like the handlebar streamers, nice touch.;) Apparently nobody else noticed them.
Oh..they've seen the streamers before! :thumbsup: they make bikes a little more fun.

There is great riding out there, climbs, meadows, creek crossings, aspen forests, oh yeh, VIEWS. I've been loving the bike, thanks Dirtjunkie!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Same here on the streamers. :thumbsup:

The pics are all awesome, but I was most impressed with how well the streamers went with your bike. I never woulda thunk it.

Ant

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,746 Posts
crd said:
Oh..they've seen the streamers before! :thumbsup: they make bikes a little more fun.

There is great riding out there, climbs, meadows, creek crossings, aspen forests, oh yeh, VIEWS. I've been loving the bike, thanks Dirtjunkie!
Yeah I grew up in northern Colorado but have since moved to So. Cal. My sister still lives there and has ridden Keystone before and has always wanted me to hook up for a ride there. After seeing these shot's it may be sooner rather than later.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.