Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
short timer
173 Posts
No new snow in the forcast, -4F this morning in the Adirondacks. Video from this week- sorry about the quality- is what it is... going to have start riding the snowmobile trails soon...

ps: coastkid, like the flask/thermos set up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
hi sean heres where i bought it https://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f_ProductID=8840&f_SupersetQRY=C173&f_SortOrderID=1&f_bct=c003154c003133c003197

it has a mount which you bolt into bottlecage eyelets,i used longer bolts and nuts(5mm) and the reflector mounts already holding the hipflask holder,heres some close ups,bikes in kitchen tonight for tommorows ride :)
the handle on the flask;

the holder,see theres a spring inside;

handle slides down slot onto spring,push down and turn 90 degrees and up a bit to lock with the spring pressure;

the flask now locked;

will see how it is tomorrow when out,only worry is icing up in spring and cant remove..will need to lift the bike up to pour a brew!! lol

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 'bi' in bike(bi-cycle) means 2, as in two wheels.

Bicycle - 2 wheels, aka bike
Tricycle - 3 wheels, aka trike, etc.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but no rules are set up yet. so before there are any i will dump these.

Attachments

·
beer thief
4,932 Posts
sean salach said:
I would definitely be interested in more details on the thermos mount.

Tricycle - 3 wheels, aka trike, etc.
Yeah but that snowplow setup is too cool, and uses a bicycle drivetrain. Exceptions to every rule, ya know.:thumbsup:

I had a wonderful but short phat ride through our local in-town conservation area today on my way to the PO. The warm then cold weather we've had has set things up just fine.

Photo not from today!

Attachments

·
Self-defeatist
965 Posts
coastkid71 said:
are they snow shoes you buy "off the shelf"?
i have never seen that..cool :)
have you seen the ray mears last series where he made a pair as used by early explorers?
was a great programme...bet snow shoeing alot would keep you fit :thumbsup:
Yup, they're modern snowshoes, alumin(i)um and plastic. These are made by Louis Garneau, a cycling apparel brand. I bought them on clearance at my LBS. They're great for getting to places you couldn't go the rest of the year like swamps and dense woods.

I actually live fairly close to the old Chestnut canoe company, who made wood/canvas canoes for many years. They also made traditional wood/gut snowshoes. My father-in-law has a couple of pairs of them. They work great, but are a bit quirky and a bit bulky. Their canoes occasionally pop up for sale locally, I'd love to have one some day.

·
Stayin' Puft
1,241 Posts
bighit said:

Tricycle - 3 wheels, aka trike, etc.
yeah, but no rules are set up yet. so before there are any i will dump these.[/QUOTE]

Thats funny, it took me several seconds to figure out that the first recumbent pic was not just a dude who fell on the ice with some contraption and was trying to get back up. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.