Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ride Bikes, Drink Beer
148 Posts
Whoa

Man, I wonder if that was really the guys car. Creepy.

Ride or no ride on Friday, sounds like we have a plan. My wife got me one those outdoor fireplaces for father's day, so we could get that sucker blazing as well. I gotta be at work at 7am Saturday though. I'll keep an eye on the weather.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Farmboy said:
Man, I wonder if that was really the guys car. Creepy.
Probably not since Jolly Roger campground is in a different area, but still...

Farmboy said:
Ride or no ride on Friday, sounds like we have a plan. My wife got me one those outdoor fireplaces for father's day, so we could get that sucker blazing as well. I gotta be at work at 7am Saturday though. I'll keep an eye on the weather.
Sounds like a plan, we'll take it easy on you so Saturday is less painful :rolleyes: ya right...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
solo ride report

Farmboy said:
Hey yall,

I'm out for tonight. Too much to do at work and at home.
Ditched by everyone I rode all by my lonesome, probably the most sloppy Sugar momma I've ridden since my x-girlfriend, I mean since a race there one time; a good ride nonetheless. Upon returning to the car and realizing the amount of
I had to myself, thought maybe I better keep the tradition going and pulled off a solo guzzle of seven or so brews. Having only a half bag of
in my belly I was probably too intoxicated to drive home. Didn't want to get in troub with the ranger so I used the patrol key to open the gate and bivouacked at the shelter. Awoke to only 30 or 40 so ticks on various regions of my body, which probably explains the neurotic lime disease induced forum post u r presently reading.

Thanx Guys:D

mtbidwell said:
You just mentioned it to the wife didn't you.:madman: :nono:

Just kidding- have a good weekend fellas!
Hey Bidsmack,

Are those Ingawanis trails still in good shape? Maybe we need to do a bikes & beers at the camp?

·
mtbr member
702 Posts
Klymer said:
Ditched by my lonesome,sloppy momma I've ridden one time; I had to pull off a solo

Hey Bidsmack,

Are those Ingawanis trails still in good shape? Maybe we need to do a bikes & beers at the camp?
Glad you made it out alive! The camp is currently closed for Boy Scout resident camp but will be open again soon. I am achin to hitting it again. Don't know about beverage consumation on scout grounds but a ride will definitely be in order!!!

·
Always Learning
9,593 Posts
Farmboy said:
Looks like the trail is closed anyway. See you guys next time.
Does anyone know what the deal is on exactly why the Sugar Bottom Scramble in August is being canceled this year? I was really looking forward to that race as it has ranked tops the past 2 years for the Iowa Mountain Biking scene. Seemed to always have good participation, was well run and of course the venue of Sugar Bottom is hard to beat. So sorry it is not going to happen this year.

Oh well...

BB

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,130 Posts
Promoter Problems?

BruceBrown said:
Does anyone know what the deal is on exactly why the Sugar Bottom Scramble in August is being canceled this year? I was really looking forward to that race as it has ranked tops the past 2 years for the Iowa Mountain Biking scene. Seemed to always have good participation, was well run and of course the venue of Sugar Bottom is hard to beat. So sorry it is not going to happen this year.

Oh well...

BB
I heard about this too, Bruce. I posed the question to a couple of racers that I know and all they said was "....effed up promoter." They wouldn't say anymore. No idea if this is correct or not, and usually, there is alot more to the story. :rolleyes:

That's all I've heard.

·
Always Learning
9,593 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
I heard about this too, Bruce. I posed the question to a couple of racers that I know and all they said was "....effed up promoter." They wouldn't say anymore. No idea if this is correct or not, and usually, there is alot more to the story. :rolleyes:

That's all I've heard.
Thanks, Ted. Quite true, there's always "more to the story". I just hadn't heard any "story" to go along with the cancellation. Pretty much leaves a big hole in the IMBCS series as no events are taking place between July 30th and the September 10th TT in Des Moines for the series.

BB

·
ICORR - FORC
269 Posts
Canceled?? Hadn't heard that... Just checked the icorr web page and confirmed it but there's no reason given. That's a bummer, I've always enjoyed the Scramble, good fast riders there. Hopefully they'll get it together for next year.

·
Always Learning
9,593 Posts
QCRage said:
Canceled?? Hadn't heard that... Just checked the icorr web page and confirmed it but there's no reason given. That's a bummer, I've always enjoyed the Scramble, good fast riders there. Hopefully they'll get it together for next year.
Cam Kirkpatrick, President of IMBCS, posted a note on the Yahoo IORCA site that he had received an e-mail from the Sugar Bottom race director. Here's the quote from the email:

I received an e-mail from Tom Pepper, the race director for the Sugarbottom Scramble (IMBCS #8) and he informed that they were going to have to cancel the 2006 edition of the Sugarbottom Scramble, slated for August 12, citing organizational issues.

So organizational issues it is and I join everyone in saying that I hope that the race comes back next year. It's just too good of a venue and a race to lose. My kids were also looking forward to doing the kids race which they have done the past couple of years. Hopefully, next year...

BB

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Icorr

They coulda had the race, the trails are a little less groomed than normal but still way more buff than most places. This may be a bit inflamatory but reading between the lines indicates to me that the same old people that do all the work to put on the race are tired of doing it and or no one is stepping in to help out, but what do I know. Maybe we should all show up and ride fast, maybe pick up some sticks while we're at it? I digress.

Speaking of Sugar Bottom, how about a ride there sometime this weekend? Weather's lookin' semi-hot but no rain (jinx)...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.