Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come join me...I'm doing the usual local tour of the hills this Friday before the 4th. An all mountain ride up through Dimond Canyon to JMP. Then some playing around in JMP before heading back down. Begins and ends at Dimond Park. Starting off around 12:30p-1pm for 3-4+ hours of riding on a beautiful day. Post, PM or find the orange chameleon...

cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+1?

If you want to tour some of the Oakland hills, then you picked the right ride. You can do the Fruitvale ghetto pedal with me from jingletown (kefa coffee) or meet up at Dimond Park. Park on Lyman&Fruitvale at the stairs, Wellington, El Centro by the canyon or the upper Dimond lot. I'm usually hopping around the lower park as a warmup before hitting the trails.

cheers

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hey I did some trail work with VOCAL/BTCEB out in DIMOND last weekend ( june 27) let me know if it is an improvement on the ride. Just curious.

We worked the creek crossing below the switchback climb. Rock work and vegetation removal.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you

The flow has improved...I noticed the tree cutting session on the switchbacks. Thank you! Sooner or later all those fallen trees were going to take out the whole trail. You cleared my nemesis on the bottom section by the creek...no more hanging trees getting in the way down there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
argh...me no like new logs

Thank you still....BUT, I hadn't been out since last week to see all of your hard work. With all due respect, unless you plan to fill over those two logs with alot of earth on the last/first turn at the top of the of the switchbacks and make a big berm or something...you have created a problem for riders by what you have done.

Granted this may be a work in progress...but those turns have been draining fine for years now and making "steps" at that point in the turn screws anyone climbing or descending there on a bike (and not in an added feature/challenge sort of way). No part of that section needs any steps...PM on the way and heads up to any Dimond riders...

cheers
ps. you don't have to cut down every single tree...part of the charm that trail had was ducking through here and there and enjoying how tight it was...sorry...work appreciated (I'm the mystery person that cleared the many logs and much debris blocking the trail last week)...just please don't break the flow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts