Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
We rode Apex this morning at 4:45 and seem to have interrupted someones breakfast. It was on the front face about the 2nd or 3rd switchback up. The eyes in the bushes further up the hill spooked my riding partner so we drove over to Mt Falcon and rode that.
Sunrise is at 7;13 AM. Per JCOS rules, you should not have been there earlier than 6:13. Please do not ride open space parks before the legal time. We need to be responsible users.

·
rubber side down
458 Posts
Sunrise is at 7;13 AM. Per JCOS rules, you should not have been there earlier than 6:13. Please do not ride open space parks before the legal time. We need to be responsible users.
Give it a rest, Barney. Let people do what they want and live with the consequences. If Jeffco wants to bust people for riding early, then they will, but leave it to them, ok?

I rode Argos around 3 when 2 rangers were there to pull the carcass off the trail a bit. It looked like it broke it's neck. It had been there a while (it was puffy). Pretty cool.

·
rubber side down
458 Posts
I can understand Schnauzers pointing out the rules, since he's a bike patrol volunteer. What's crazy is that you guys didn't run like heck when you saw a fresh kill. Ballsy.
Everyone who spends any time on this forum knows he's a "bike patrol volunteer". But it gets old that he is always using this holier than thou attitude to kill a thread.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Give it a rest, Barney. Let people do what they want and live with the consequences. If Jeffco wants to bust people for riding early, then they will, but leave it to them, ok?
We all live with the consequences. As soon as you understand that, we may actually get more trail or restrictions lifted.

I'm a JCOS volunteer. I am supposed to tell you this.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Everyone who spends any time on this forum knows he's a "bike patrol volunteer". But it gets old that he is always using this holier than thou attitude to kill a thread.
Holier than thou? No. Trying to make sure we don't lose anymore dirt? Yes. I (as in first person, me) do not want to lose anymore dirt. If that makes me selfish, than so be it.

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Holier than thou? No. Trying to make sure we don't lose anymore dirt? Yes. I (as in first person, me) do not want to lose anymore dirt. If that makes me selfish, then so be it.
Corrected.

I'm glad I'm not a volunteer bike patrol person. I got enough sh#t from mentioning that you should be careful when riding Dowdy at night.

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Think whatever you want...

but schnauzers point is valid, if we continue to break the posted rules, this or any of the others that we are saddled with, we only perpetuate the perception that we are not responsible trail users, giving those that oppose sharing trails with us more ammunition to impose increased restrictions upon the mtb community.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.