Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

Our scout troop is camping at French Creek next weekend. I plan on taking 8 or scouts an a MB trek. I have ridden French Creek but that was several years ago.

Was wondering if anyone could suggest a beginner/intermediate loop. Maybe 4-6 miles?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The official fcsp trail map is actually pretty accurate, you can get a paper one when you sign in or on their website. IMO (riding french for 15 years).... there is no beginner level terrain here, its either technical climbing or descending, minimal flat or coasting, and even where it is flat there are difficult rock gardens, log overs or stream crossings. Beginners may get frustrated quick or worse hurt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks chester. I do remeber it being challenging but did not ride the entire trail system.
After further research, I think you are right.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The gravel road/double track from shed road towards mill creek is pretty mellow as long as you turn around before the descent to the stream. Other than that you can't go far on most FC trails before beginners would be over their heads I think.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are staying at the main campground near the green, blue, and orange trail you are in an ok spot. The trail is east of the campground and take it going north, make a left on orange going east, then left on yellow going down a short technical hill which they will probably walk, stay straight at the bottom of the first hill on a wider I think gravel trail which eventually becomes blue back up towards the campground. There are decent sections in this loop which aren't too hard to ride but there will be sections they will need to walk but it isn't a very long loop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts