Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
French Creek was in great shape yesterday, so dry it was almost dusty in spots. I finished up right when that thunder storm blew threw and dumped some rain. As dry as it was, the rain probably made it tacky and perfect for later today. Get out there if you can.

Also, it looked like there had been some recent trail maintence. Thank you to the trail gnomes for the work. Anybody know what organization does the work at FC? I would dontate some $ to them (its always time or money - if you have the time, you don't have the money. if you have the money, you don't have the time).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just wish French Creek would mark their trails better and have a better map. I went there Monday, got lost for 2 hours. Every person I met on the trails was lost with the exception of 2 mtb'ers, I met maybe 11 people. I'd also like to get in a dark alley the brain surgeon that decided not to put YOU ARE HERE stickers on the trail head maps. :p

Edit: I did have a fun though. Place is beautiful and the trails were challenging on the East side. I know the trails are color coded, but unfortunately some Nobel laureate decided no to put the color codes on the map. Ok enough ranting :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a lot of people, but Monday was a holiday. Anytime I go up there on a weekday after work, I rarely run into anyone on the trails. I've been going up there long enough that I know it by heart, but I can remember there are a couple spots you can get pretty turned around. The map on the DCNR website is pretty detailed though. If you use that and go there a few times, you should have it pretty figured out - the main mountain bike trails make one big loop, then the cut off trails let you string together shorter loops and change directions. It is a really nice place to ride for a few hours.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
enzo,

if you hate getting lost may i suggest you use your smartphones gps or buy a dedicated gps to use.

once you learn to use it you'll never be lost again.

that said french creek is pretty easy once you figure it out. it does take a few rides though!

·
Registered
57 Posts
enzo,

if you hate getting lost may i suggest you use your smartphones gps or buy a dedicated gps to use.

once you learn to use it you'll never be lost again.

that said french creek is pretty easy once you figure it out. it does take a few rides though!
I usually don't mind getting lost so much, just hurt at French Creek because I was already into a 5hr ride and was starting to cramp. I do want a GPS, I just can never seem to get my finger to click the Add to Cart button. Might have to man up and do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts