Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the storm last week affect French Creek the way it apparently hit Marsh Creek? It's a somewhat long drive for me and I was planning on heading up there early next week. I would rather not waste the trip if its a mess. Has anyone ridden there recently?

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
I was in Elverson at the time the storm hit and let me say.... [email protected]@@@@@mn.....
That being said, I haven't tried ridding French since.
A quick call to the Ranger Station tomorrow morning for an update should do it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I rode French Creek last weekend. There were about 4 or 5 fallen trees blocking the trail out of about a 12 or 13 mile ride. Not really a problem. Actually, it was refreshing to see an obstacle or two. Reminded me of the old days, before everything got so uber buffed there.

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
92gli said:
Here's some of the carnage in glenmoore, which is between marsh and french. Shot by my wife's stepsister who lives on this road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs8LfwZkink&feature=related
Wow... Yup.... I had to be at South Campus at West Chester Univ. when I left Elverson a little after 3pm... Tried Rt. 82 to get to 322.... Right near 82/282? WOW! Just what she posted....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rode Miller's point (Red/white) counter-clockwise this morning, no trees downhill that i recall, a few on the way up but made for nice logovers as is. Maybe one or two rideable re-routes though.

Green, yellow, and white trails did have a few more trees down, most were rideable or had a re-route, only got off in two spots out of 16 miles today.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
vtskibum said:
Rode Miller's point (Red/white) counter-clockwise this morning, no trees downhill that i recall, a few on the way up but made for nice logovers as is. Maybe one or two rideable re-routes though.

Green, yellow, and white trails did have a few more trees down, most were rideable or had a re-route, only got off in two spots out of 16 miles today.
Red/white Counter-clockwise? That's a sick climb! Especially in this heat.

I usually go clock-wise and throw in the buzzard loop, although that's probably getting overgrown now. I don't ride F.C. as much since I discovered Mt. Penn.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah i meant clockwise, i was still a bit dehydrated (even after two bottles). I have done it counter-clockwise and it's an a**-kicker.

Don't usually ride buzzards, might have to try it next time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Little update, I rode french creek thursday, i park at the hopewell lot. There is a tree down about a half mile in and another one before one of the downhill sections. Not sure of the exact locations sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts