Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
mmm
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wake up at 7:30 forcing myself to get ready for a ride. Lifting up the garage door I was greeted with a dripping wet car and extremely thick fog layer. Ugh.

At this point I'm having second thoughts but with most of my gear already on I grudgingly proceed. Driving from my home with no destination in mind I decided to make the short trip to Fremont Older just to get some pedal time in. I had no concerns for fun factor or technical terrain, I just wanted to get some decent cardio in and get back to bed.

As I climb from the parking lot the fog starts to thin out. The ride isn't so bad, the traction seems decent. Just when I am about to crest Hunters point I am greeted to these spectacular views.

The rest of the ride turned out to be spectacular with the sun shining bright on me. Enjoy the new year everybody. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pictures.

Attachments

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
I love those kinds of rides. One rule about riding I've learned is that there are almost no rides that I have totally regretted doing. One question though. Wake up at 7:30, go ride and then go back to bed? Why the short day?

·
Registered
19 Posts
scon74 said:
Cool pixs, I rode yesturday and the views were just as cool. I was greeted by many deer climbing out of the vista loop trail that was cool.

Whats up Roger? Its Steve C.

Happy New Year
Hey Steve. Good to see you here on MTBR. I can tell ya one thing, biking is alot healthier than r/c racing :thumbsup: . Hit me up bro.

Back on topic.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,547 Posts
Roger Serafin said:
Hey Steve. Good to see you here on MTBR. I can tell ya one thing, biking is alot healthier than r/c racing :thumbsup: . Hit me up bro.

Back on topic.
You guys RC Race? I'm just getting back into it. Where do you guys run your cars?

fc

·
clydesdale4ever
59 Posts
francois said:
You guys RC Race? I'm just getting back into it. Where do you guys run your cars?

fc
We ran with the club named RCCAR. season begins usually around march on the first sundays of each month. The club runs 1/10 scale electric and nitro powered sedans, but offer other electric classes as well. The location is the corner of Camden and Union. The same parking lot Trail Head Cyclery is located next to the bank of the west. You should check out rcracing.com for the local info. There is also the RAMS club who run 1/8 scale nitro and 1/5 scale at Mission College. I hope this info helps.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Sorry to steal the thread back to the original topic.

Rode part of FO today. WET, MUDDY. Seven spring and the main fireroad are prob. the only trails to ride without much damage.

Seven spring is also dry only on the side going down... Coming up is muddy. Try to avoid. Rode the fireroad on the otherside up to the top. Toward the top it was wet and muddy with not much traction.

End up riding seven spring like 3 times and called it a day.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,547 Posts
scon74 said:
We ran with the club named RCCAR. season begins usually around march on the first sundays of each month. The club runs 1/10 scale electric and nitro powered sedans, but offer other electric classes as well. The location is the corner of Camden and Union. The same parking lot Trail Head Cyclery is located next to the bank of the west. You should check out rcracing.com for the local info. There is also the RAMS club who run 1/8 scale nitro and 1/5 scale at Mission College. I hope this info helps.
Right on! Roger gave me the lowdown. I used to race 1/8 scale off road. I laid off for 8 years while my kids grew up. Now I have a Revo and an HPI road car. I don't think I can race yet but I'd love to learn to drive again on a track. Where's a good place to practice offroad or even road?

I used to play a lot at Hobbyworld Cupertino but they shut that down. I tried driving all the way to Antioch with my RC buddy Mark Weir but that got old. That was far and there's grumpy people there.

Look at these old school photos!

regards,
fc

·
clydesdale4ever
59 Posts
francois said:
Right on! Roger gave me the lowdown. I used to race 1/8 scale off road. I laid off for 8 years while my kids grew up. Now I have a Revo and an HPI road car. I don't think I can race yet but I'd love to learn to drive again on a track. Where's a good place to practice offroad or even road?

I used to play a lot at Hobbyworld Cupertino but they shut that down. I tried driving all the way to Antioch with my RC buddy Mark Weir but that got old. That was far and there's grumpy people there.

Look at these old school photos!

regards,
fc
Cool pics, Hobby World Cup's. track was dope. I used to run a Losi xxxnt there. I wish that place was still around. I believe Norcal Hobbies in fremont has a permenant offroad and onroad outside and a indoor carpet track. They usually have open track for practice on non race day's for a small fee. I know what you mean about Antioch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.