Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's still an opportunity for we Front Rangers to shake our collective fist at the (snow laden) skies and stage the first ever Freezing Man festival. Here at the Casa de MTB, we've had the thought that heading up to the pavillion at Echo Lake, starting a few fires in the fireplaces therein and having ice bike derbies on a shoveled course out on the lake would be a darned convivial way to spend an evening. And it occurs to us that Saturday the 10th would be a fine evening for these festivities.

Discuss.

·
2,856 Posts
anthonys said:
OK, I'm heading up to EL for a snowshoe and recce. Someone has a week to build the freezing effigy.
Sounds like a possiblity!

My house is in Evergreen if anyone needs a place to crash it's relatively close. Or maybe we can move the party in stages to various venues.

Ed

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
anthonys said:
There's still an opportunity for we Front Rangers to shake our collective fist at the (snow laden) skies and stage the first ever Freezing Man festival. Here at the Casa de MTB, we've had the thought that heading up to the pavillion at Echo Lake, starting a few fires in the fireplaces therein and having ice bike derbies on a shoveled course out on the lake would be a darned convivial way to spend an evening. And it occurs to us that Saturday the 10th would be a fine evening for these festivities.

Discuss.
Hmm, I may be in for this sort of an event, can you clue me in on how long a journey it would be from Fort Collins?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
consider the source

icegeek has assured me it is legit, though i'm not sure i can trust him anymore as he rides a road fixie these days... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
discuss

well my bike is on the stand...
am i putting it back together for tomorrow night, or tearing it apart over the weekend?

i've got the time reserved on the family calendar (not always an easy thing to do), so if this whole deal is a vapor-event (ahem), then who wants to meet up for a drink somewhere and shake our collective fists at casa de no-show?
:prft:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.