Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
basically on the Internet no Dh or FR trails exist....leave your email address and say you will help dig, carry tools, and maintain trails or no one will give you info

·
Super Fly
131 Posts
There are plenty of DH and FR trails in So Cal. All you have to do is open your eyes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mtbaddisct720- I dont know why no one just mentions top of the world in laguna, Santa Ana Trails next to the Costa Mesa Bluffs. Those are 2 that i know of in OC. I hope this helps.

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
E86 said:
mtbaddisct720- I dont know why no one just mentions top of the world in laguna,
Maybe because the Laguna trails are illegal. The only legal "singletract" off Westridge is Stairsteps and maybe soon Corridor!

Check the videos out, this may work for you, not OC but close....Del Cero Park, Palos Verdes http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2879

Also some fun stuff at Robbers Peak, Santiago Oaks Regional Park.

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
Mtbaddict720 said:
thanx for the vid i will be sure to check that out stairsteps is an awesome trail but i dont know what corridor is? is that in the building process?
Corridor is there just not legal yet...County is considering opening it. Goes from top of Chollia down to Toll Road where it intersects with El Toro.

·
Registered
135 Posts
dtepper- Sorry, i did not know that. It has been awhile since i was there. When did that happen? and why? That is a bummer!!!!!! I have been riding in La Canada Flintridge in Pasadena area. There are some crazy trails there. Glad I know now about Laguna and knowing is half the battle:thumbsup:

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
E86 said:
When did that happen? and why?
Don't know why, I speculate that they started before mountain biking was popular and were never legal, nobody cared about a couple of AMP Research crazys riding up there back when.

I started riding four years ago and they were off limits then. There again I don't ride them and I don't know anyone that has ever been ticketed for riding them. I do see the county trying to block access to them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well that blows. I have not been there for a real long time, but before I use to ride there all the time. The only time I thought it was illegal was at night. We use to do night rides there. How is whiting ranch? Have you ever ridin there?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.