Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No Fear
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new on freeridding and need your experience about it.
I have got a Stinky 06
First I have questions on protection gear .
On the helmet I have some choices azonic T-55 for 120$ - some Giro model (idont know which one for 220$ (too expensive) - 661 for 160 $ which brand do you think is more performable.
I prefer light weight handless small body armor's as the other ones would limit my movement and flexibility and also think body armor isn't that important and could be ignored ( I have seen riders in American -Australian and European DH races and even the Red bull don't wear it)what do you think .In the last word I think I should buy one because the next season races all Dh racers should wear body armor .Now the only obligatory gear needed to enter the race are -full suspension bike -full face - gloves.
A point on my bike it not using a chain guide .How important do you think a guide is in a race and should I buy one ( **** my frame only fits to Kona guides).
Another point on the bike .All Konas have two rear shock mounts on the frame one for 7.1" travel and the other for 6.8" and the 6.8" mount on my frame is filled with an Aluminum bar.What its it ?(see pic)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=209774

And at last Im new to hydraulic discs I want to know how could I change the pad-rotor distance .I want the brake lever to act in the first centimeters now pads grip the rotor when my lever is close to the handle bar.In mechanics I fixed it by tightening the cable or adjusting the pad wear knobs ( in Avid BB7) how could I afford this on hydraulics (Hayes HF9 HD) .
ThanX a lot .
Bye bye

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would go 661 on the helmet. They are really vented. Your head stays pretty cool (for a fullface helmet) and their prices are pretty reasonable for what you get. They are also really strong. Ive crashed with mine a couple times and iIstil l dont have a dent in the sides, barely a scratch even.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Anything that you plan on wearing should be tried on first. I came real close to ordering a TLD lid off the internet before I actually found a shop with FF helmets. As it turned out the TLD did not fit my head well at all, while the 661's were a perfect fit. As far as armor goes, it is good to have it. Dianese is really good if you can afford it, if not the New (repeat: NEW) RockGardn jacket is alright. You should at least get some shins.

Chainguides are a big deal if you plan on having your bike in the air on in the rough at all.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
t-55 is a nice helmet...check out www.sixsixone.com

wear the body armour.......it might just help you that one time......saved my elbow from being broken

get a chain guide....if a chain drops in a race it could mean the difference from first to last

don't get hayes 9's ...they are garbage...get the Mags

oor have the LBS adjust your throw better

·
Registered
145 Posts
jdude said:
Advise - verb, giving some one information

Advice - noun, information
More where that came from:

Some - an unspecified number or quantity

One - a single entity

Someone - the word you meant to use

@SABER_MTB

I'm sure either helmet will be fine. I don't know what kind of customs/duties you would have to pay if you ordered from abroad, but www.chainreactioncycles.com ships to Iran and has some good prices on protection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.