Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a new fork for my freeride bike.I will be doing north shore type stunts,and some downhill and djing here and there.Most likley is dry or damp grounds.I weight 120lbs but will beef up soon(working out all summer).I am a very agressive rider.I have a budget or $1000 so i can get a fairly good fork.

My Top Contenders:
Boxxer Team
Slider Plus

any other suggestions?Please give a reason of why you like one fork better than the other, or just simply why you like it and any personal experiences..Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
noopy said:
I am getting a new fork for my freeride bike.I will be doing north shore type stunts,and some downhill and djing here and there.Most likley is dry or damp grounds.I weight 120lbs but will beef up soon(working out all summer).I am a very agressive rider.I have a budget or $1000 so i can get a fairly good fork.

My Top Contenders:
Boxxer Team
Slider Plus

any other suggestions?Please give a reason of why you like one fork better than the other, or just simply why you like it and any personal experiences..Thanks a lot in advance!
888. I have one on my bike and have been very pleased with it up here on the north shore. Also have had Super T's, not a bad fork, too bad they dont make em anymore, forces people into the 888.

I like the marzocchi's as they are so easy to work on, and are very durable.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Boxxers suck. Internals go to crap after like a season. 888s are tall though, so be sure you get the drop clamps. Performance is spot on though. The Sliders are pretty light and I like how they feel. If you want to go the SC route... Marzocchi 66vf. It's like a SC 888.

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Zoke 66RC is a good contender. A lot of beef for a single crown...

·
Registered
606 Posts
shoredad said:
super t (03 better than 04) or 66. don't use anything vf
second that. VF anything really sucks hard. IF you're gonna spend more than $700 might as well push the extra buck and get the goods. WTF is Marzocchi thinking putting SSVF damping into their expensive forks? That's total BS, it shouldn't even be an option.

I personally think the 888 is going to be too much fork for a 120 lb guy. He would be better off with a sherman slider, 04 super T, or 66rc. They should be way more than enough fork for a guy as light as him. Too bad there's limited options for long 160mm + travel single crown forks. Next years Marzocchi 66rc is going to be the benchmark for single crowns to come. I'm really stoked on possibly getting one of those for an extreme dual suspension build. 2006 66rc + Intense Uzzi VPX = my dream bike setup.

G

·
shoredad said:
super t (03 better than 04) or 66. don't use anything vf
They actually have no Difference in performance, therefor the '04 is better with more tire clearence. 03's only have 2.4

Super T's are sweet, and would fit your riding perfectly

MicroHuck said:
second that. VF anything really sucks hard. . WTF is Marzocchi thinking putting SSVF damping into their expensive forks? That's total BS, it shouldn't even be an option.
For OEM purposes, and for people like me, who don't really downhill. Why spend the extra $ if you dont need to? But if you're doing anything related to racing and/or downhill, stay away from SSV/SSVF

·
Registered
266 Posts
noopy said:

My Top Contenders:
Boxxer Team
Slider Plus

I would get the a) Fox 40 because someone i know has one and they love it b) Marzocchi 888 RC just look at all of the pros that use it c) Sherman Slider SC or DC My friend has the SC and he likes it a lot. You might have to put stiffer springs in it though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
o yeah,by the way this will be going on an imperial.right now i am think either the slider + or boxxer u turn(because of the adjustable travel)i like the idea of 5 inches for urban/dj,6inches for trail riding,and 7inches for freeride/downhill..sound good?

·
Registered
606 Posts
noopy said:
o yeah,by the way this will be going on an imperial.right now i am think either the slider + or boxxer u turn(because of the adjustable travel)i like the idea of 5 inches for urban/dj,6inches for trail riding,and 7inches for freeride/downhill..sound good?
The Boxxer ride with Uturn has crappy damping.

The 2006 models will have motion control though, so those might be the ticket. Motion control is without a doubt one of the most adjustable and best feeling damping systems on the market.

The super T is going to be much more reliable than anything else you can afford. Just bust the $500 for a new 2004 model and call it good. I've seen guys crash the crap out of them and they don;t even flinch, very strong for the weight. Plus the sup T looks killer!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.