Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Team
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend is in need of a new crank around the $150 range. What do you think would be good for him. He does a lot of dirtjumps, some drops, some (but not much) cross country, and downhill. Weight doesn't matter to him, he just wants something that can take a lot of hard abuse. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Ah grasshopper, I see you are new here. You will soon see that a price limit has no effect on replies. Look for posts asking for a good freeride bike under $2500, and see how quickly someone replies recommending a Foes Fly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rit now i got the alpha drive FSA cranks and there an xc crank and on hard landing they bend more and more, so i was thinking how are the FSA V-Drive cranks there DH cranks and there still at a reasonable price wit rings (160) if any one could give me some insight on the crank or the race face prodigy DH cranks it will be appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Race Face Prodigy DH

warren said:
Rit now i got the alpha drive FSA cranks and there an xc crank and on hard landing they bend more and more, so i was thinking how are the FSA V-Drive cranks there DH cranks and there still at a reasonable price wit rings (160) if any one could give me some insight on the crank or the race face prodigy DH cranks it will be appreciated.
Warren, I have about two years of riding on my Prodigy cranks and they have been flawless, I do tend to go through B.B.'s fairly quick though. for the cash spent on them I'm sure they will not disappoint you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Race Face Prodigy DH ISIS: they look friigen awesoome and there in the 150 (give or take pricerange) so i think ill get those next....haha thats like the 1 thing raceface makes thats not real expensive

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
FSA V-Drive Extreme's are good, or if you want much much stronger without caring abuot weight go for a set of FSA Pounders which are extremely strong but heavy as anything. Either will enable you to use your ISIS bb, or you can go for a 3-piece BMX setup for ultimate strength.

Just some ideas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.