Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good FR camp to attend this summer. I am a former xc'er turning to the dark side. I have some experience with small jumps and drops, but some pointers and an outside perspective would be nice. This winter I scored a killer deal on a big hit spec and rode it once at a local freeride spot now im hooked. If anyone knows of any good camps in the NW (Oregon) let me know. Also any books/videos that have worked for others may be an option for me too.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Contact Shaums March and MMR

http://www.madmarchracing.com/

He has camps around the US and Canada during the summers. I would say prices range from $500-$1000 for an all inclusive (food, lodging, riding, instruction) camp of several days. I did a 4 day camp at Snowshoe WV two years ago and I can say the camp will accelerate your learning of DH and FR. This years camp at Snowshoe is priced at $600.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Mad March is the best one i have read about. check it out i bet you can learn a lot while having fun. Also dont forget expirience is your best teacher, so go out and hit some drops try some tricks. welcome to the darkside.. its much more fun over here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the responces, I will look into the ones listed. I agree with hab1b experience is key. I am workin on finding a ridin buddy that is a good match. I need someone that is in my skill range but better than me so it pushes me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.